RMontequin - About my husband, his family and myself

Tell us your story!<br>
¡Dinos tu historia!

Moderator: Moderators

RMontequin

RMontequin - About my husband, his family and myself

Post by RMontequin »

Hello everyone! I thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Rosandra and I am married to a descendant of Asturians. I have started working on his family tree again, so I thought I'd join in hopes of finding out some more information--or even long lost relatives! :D

As for some family background, my husband's paternal grandparents were Felix Montequin Crespo and Consuelo Andrea Soria Cordova. Felix emmigrated from Spain to Cuba in the late 1890's. Consuelo was born and raised in Cuba.

Together they had 4 sons (Andres, Jose Tirso, Pedro & Domingo) and 1 daughter (Maria Concepcion). All members of these two generations have passed on.

I look forward to discussing Montequin heritage and (hopefully) finding connections with other Montequins through our trees.
Last edited by RMontequin on Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RMontequin

Montequin Crespo Family in Spain, Cuba, Puerto Rico, and US

Post by RMontequin »

Update on my husband's family:

Felix Montequin y Crespo was born in Oviedo, Asturias. His parents were Jose Montequin and Dominica Crespo. We believe he immigrated to Cuba in the mid to late 1880's. He was married at least twice, first to Evarista Leon Hernandez, with whom he had two girls, Soledad and Leonor. Later, he married Consuelo Andrea Soria Cordova and together they had 4 sons (Andres, Jose Tirso, Pedro & Domingo) and 1 daughter (Maria Concepcion). Felix passed away in Cuba between 1921 and 1926.

The Montequin Soria branch:

* Consuelo Andrea was born in Cuba in 1876. In 1961, she immigrated to the US. She passed away in 1963 in California.

* Maria Concepcion was born in 1916 in Cuba. There she married, becoming a de los Prados and had two children, Leonardo and Teresa). She immigrated to the US in 1961 and passed away in 2013 in California.

* Domingo was born in Cuba about 1907. He married Carmen Fernandez Almanza and together they had one son, Carlos Manuel. He passed away in Cuba (date unknown).

* Pedro was born in Cuba in 1908. He married Maria Suarez and together they had two sons, Pedro Jr and Felix Domingo. In about 1962, he and his wife immigrated to Puerto Rico. He passed away in 1988.

* Jose was born in 1905 in Cuba. He married Mariana Abraham, and they had one son, Felix Alberto. In 1961, he immigrated to US and died in 1987.

* Andres was born in Cuba in 1901. He married Esther Victoria Ramentol, and they had one son, Javier. In about 1960, he permanently immigrated to the US. Andres died in 1987.

The Montequin/Leon branch:

* Evarista (information unknown)

* Soledad was born about 1890 in Cuba and married Manuel Zorrilla Perez. Together they had three boys, Mario Jose, Marco Antonio, and Felix Manuel. She passed away in 1971.

* Leonor (information unknown, except that she became a nun)

Return to “Introduction of Members - Presentación de miembros”