Luarca Arenas in Villamayor

Researching our ancestors in Asturias & America.<br>
Investigando nuestros antepasados en Asturias y America

Moderators: svgev, Maria Garcia Alvarez, Moderators

YSalazar

Luarca Arenas in Villamayor

Post by YSalazar »

nn
Last edited by YSalazar on Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marta Elena Díaz García

Post by Marta Elena Díaz García »

Hello,
Check these data:

ARENAS ZARABOZO
In the Official Bulletin of Asturias (July, 10th 1871) we can read that Bernardo Arenas Zarabozo, asked for the money that the local government of Piloña owed to him for a piece of land that they expropriated to his father in 1846.

Also, in the Official Bulletin of Asturias appears Blas Arenas Zarabozo, from Villamayor, applying for a fishing licence (July, 18th, 1934)
Note: the village of Villamayor belongs to the local government of Piloña.
I think these two men may be brothers of your great-grandmother.

SALAZAR TORNERO
On the other hand, in the Official Bulletin of Asturias (July, 1st 1912) appears Antonio Salazar Tornero as one of the persons that did not vote during the local elections.

LUARCA DIAZ
The only records I could find correspond to these persons, any Luarca Díaz:
José Luarca Martínez
José Luarca Crespo
José Luarca Menéndez
José Luarca Zarabozo*
José Luarca

It would be possible to ask for baptism certificates in the Archbishop´s palace of Oviedo.
YSalazar

Post by YSalazar »

Than you very much. Maybe I have Jose Luarca second surname wrong or maybe he didn't have one. I was given it a long time ago. I do have Electa's death and marriage record.

That is correct Antonio would not of voted in that 1912 election because they where living in Cuba at that time since my father was born in Cuba, eventually they returned to Villamayor.

How do I request a copy of the baptismal from Archbishop´s palace of Oviedo?
Last edited by YSalazar on Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jasm

Post by Jasm »

There is an email archivo@iglesiadeasturias.org, The Diocesan Historical Archive from Oviedo is closed in August and September, it opens in October
YSalazar

Post by YSalazar »

Thank you very much, I will send them an email.

All of my fathers family is from Asturias and I have many names to find still. I can't seem to find online records to search.
YSalazar

Post by YSalazar »

Electa Luarca Arena her baptismal record came and her father is Jose Luarca Diaz who is the son of Ramon Luarca and Maria Diaz or Dias. Still no more on Jose that he was born and died before 1 Feb 1900 in Villamayor. No information on Jose parents except died in Villamayor both before Aug 1874.

Still looking for any informatin on any of these familes

Thank you very much
-------------------------------------------
Last edited by YSalazar on Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
cmt261

Villamayor

Post by cmt261 »

I belong to a FB page for Villamayor https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q= ... villamayor The members are super helpful, in fact, one member, in particular, has the entire town's genealogy in his head! Armando Fernandez Ortiz is amazing...i bet he could help you. I suggest you join the group and post. In fact...there are several Zarabozo that are member of the group!

cynthia tamargo
cynthia garcia tamargo
YSalazar

Post by YSalazar »

Thank you very much, I sent a request.

I know of Armando, I have been trying to get a hold of him for many months through his email and facebook but no answers yet. He knew my father, Mario, and I know he has some answers.

Y Salazar Craig

Return to “Genealogy - Genealogía”