Equipment for making chorizos

Recipies using beef, veal, pork, sausages, patés, & game.<br>
Recetas empleando carne de vaca, ternera, cerdo, embutidos, paté, y caza.

Moderators: almudena, Moderators

Bob

Post by Bob »

My advice is to try several paprikas the next few times you make chorizos and decide which you like best. The point of making your own chorizos is to make something you are happy with.

We are in the midst of a major kitchen renovation and don't even have a functional sink right now. As soon as the renovation is complete, it's going to be chorizo city here in New Haven.
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

We should all be sending Bob chorizo! What are you going to do for Thanksgiving, Bob?

------------------------

¡Todos debemos envío Bob algunos chorizos! ¿Qué vas hacer para el día de Acción de Gracias, Bob?
Bob

Post by Bob »

If all goes well we should have a functioning oven by then and we will roast a turkey and take it to our daughter's house for a family dinner. Evelyn loves her role as the Turkey Fairy, even though it means getting up at 3:00 am.

Last night they installed the kitchen counters and sink, although the plumbing connections have not yet been made. The appliances should arrive later today. The tin ceiling is here and just waiting to be installed. I have no idea where the new floor is.
Barbara Alonso Novellino

Post by Barbara Alonso Novellino »

Reading your post about the renovations...I feel for you Bob.

A year ago May we had a MAJOR renovation done on our house. It included pushing the back section out 12'...new kitchen...new bathrooms, etc. and etc.

It took from May to almost Thanksgiving before it was all done. But you know..now that it is all done, it was worth it...but at the time NO.

Have a Wonderful Thanksgiving everyone...

Barbara :D
terryfigg

Post by terryfigg »

Bob wrote:Lately I've been using Spanish sweet smoked paprika. Great flavor. I add whatever heat I want (not much) with crushed red pepper flakes.

http://www.thespicehouse.com/spices/spa ... vera-dulce
Hello there,
Is smoked paprika the same as sweet smoked paprika?
Thanks in advance
Last edited by terryfigg on Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bob

Post by Bob »

Just curious. Why do you think smoked paprika is unhealthy? I know that smoke of various kinds contains carcinogens, but I think the risk imposed by any carcinogen or mutagen varies with dose, and we are exposed to risk from many sources every day.

Return to “Meats - Carnes”