Inclan in Asturias?

If you can't figure out where else to post, say it here.<br>
Si no sabes dónde poner tu tema, pongalo aquí.

Moderator: Moderators

Inclan

Inclan in Asturias?

Post by Inclan »

Hello, I am an Inclan born and living in the US. I have made a cursory connection between my last name and Asturias. In particular the Inclan parish in Pravia. I am here to introduce myself and to learn more about my lineage. I am uncertain the prevalence for the Inclan name in Asturias so I thought it would be a good idea to begin here.
Bob

Inclan

Post by Bob »

I have Inclán from near Pravia in my ancestry. When I was last there, about 14 years ago, I didn't have time to investigate, but I hope to return to Asturias later this year, and will post anything I discover.
YMA47R

Inclan in Asturias

Post by YMA47R »

Juan Alvarez Inclan is my 4th Great Grandfather born About 1785 (give or take). He married Josefa Fernandez Luanco.

I don't have his exact birth date, but his daughter, my 3rd great grandmother was born in 1804 in Asturias. Her name is Josefa Alvarez Fernandez.

I don't have any further info on the Inclan's but I'm hoping by posting what I do know it could be of some help to you and maybe be helpful to me in finding his parents.

Kind regards! ~Angela aka YMA47R
Bob

Inclán - Ynclán

Post by Bob »

Unfortunately, my visit to Asturias added no additional information on my Inclán ancestry. My Uncle Miguel, who was the repository of family knowledge, once told me that the name Inclán is a Visigoth name,
Marta Elena Díaz García

Post by Marta Elena Díaz García »

Hi Bob:
have you an Inclán name from which to start the search?
Marta
Bob

Inclán

Post by Bob »

Hola Marta,

My grandmother, Josefa Fernández Inclán (nicknamed Sena), was born in San Martín de Laspra in 1895. She married Victor Martínez Artime of Salinas about 1912.

Josefa’s mother, surnamed Inclán was born about 1967. I don’t know when she died, but I do know that Josefa's father, M. (Manuel?) Fernández González (born in 1869) remarried, because my family spoke of a madrasta.

Josefa’s maternal grandparents were Francisco Inclán González and Teresa Álvarez de la Campa.

Mi abuela, Josefa Fernández Inclán (apodida Sena), nació en San Martín de Laspra en 1895. Se casó con Víctor Martínez Artime (nacido en Salinas) alrededor de 1912.

La madre de Josefa, con el apellido Inclán nació alrededor de 1967. No sé cuando ella murió, pero el padre de Josefa, M. (Manuel?) Fernández González (nacido en 1869) se casó otra vez, porque la familia habló de una madrasta.

Los abuelos maternos de Josefa fueron Francisco Inclán González y Teresa Álvarez de la Campa.

Bob
Marta Elena Díaz García

Post by Marta Elena Díaz García »

Hi, Bob:

I was checking some records and I only could find these Inclan in Pravia. These are records of the Spanish Embassy in La Habana concerning the military service.

Brothers SILVERIO PEREZ INCLAN and BENIGNO PEREZ INCLAN, from Villavaler (Pravia), sons of Carmen Inclán and Fernando Pérez. The links where you can see their pictures and information about the military service are:
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... at=1949739
and
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... at=1949739.

These are other Inclán, but not from Pravia:

JOSE MANUEL FERNANDEZ INCLAN, from Tebollas (Castrillón), son of José Fernández and Casimira Inclán.

AVELINO GONZALEZ INCLAN, from Avilés, son of Ramón González and Dolores Inclán.

Checking the Boletin Oficial de la Provincia (year 1900) I have found some Inclán Alvarez in San Martín de Laspra: Vicenta, José and Francisco Inclán Alvarez. May they be brothers of your great grandmother?

Also, in the Boletin Oficial de la Provincia (years 1846, 1894, 1897) I could find some "Alvarez de la Campa" (Celestino, Josefa, José, Antonio) from San Martín de Laspra (Raíces is the small village where they lived). Perhaps they are relatives of Teresa Alvarez de la Campa.

My great grandfather was also Alvarez de la Campa. However, this side of my family is from Molleda (Corvera). My great grandfather was José Alvarez de la Campa y Rodríguez (born 1861) . His parents were Benito Alvarez de la Campa and Ramona Rodríguez. His maternal grandparents were José Rodríguez and María González del Valle. His paternal grandparents were Juan Alvarez de la Campa and Josefa Solís Lopez (married 1837).
I’ll continue checking….
Marta.
Bob

Post by Bob »

Gracias, Marta.

Return to “General Discussion - Discusión general”