Rexistrau: 14 Feb 2018
|Publicao: Mie Feb 14, 2018 11:44 am Asuntu: Galician style octopus recipe
|An easy tradicional recipe with just 5 ingredients
GALICIAN STYLE OCTOPUS
Typical Spanish dish
The Galician style octopus is an octopus dish typical from Galicia, a region in the northwest of Spain. This region is known for its seafood tradition, with this recipe being spread to the whole country as it’s one of the best and probably the yummiest way to prepare octopus (in my opinion) with a few cheap ingredients. On top of that, it’s quite an easy recipe to make, both for cooking lovers to experts.
Ingredients for Galician style octopus (4 people)
• Boiled octopus, about 2 to 3 kg.
• Paprika, spicy or sweet, according to taste.
• 3 or 4 medium potatoes
• Thick salt
• Olive oil
Steps to make Galician style octopus (4 people)
1. First, we boil the potatoes. We pour plenty of water with a handful of salt into a casserole, and we put the potatoes in it. We bring it to boil and let it cook for about 30 min. When we prick with a knife and it comes out of the potato without difficulty, they will be ready.
2. Let the potatoes cool and peel them. Then, we cut them in slices about 0.5 to 1cm thick approx. and place them on a plate. A wooden plate is traditionally used, but you can do it on a ceramic one.
3. Chopped the boiled octopus in small pieces, about one finger thick. It’s easier to use scissors than a knife for the cutting. Then, put it on top of the potatoes.
4. Finally, season with a large amount of paprika on top, a drip of olive oil – extra virgin better – and thick salt.
And that’s it! We have our Galician style octopus ready to eat.
Extra tip: if you prefer to eat it warm, put it in the microwave for about 30 secs. Enjoy!