tecláu asturianu!

Vocabulary & grammar of Asturian & Bable, comparisons with Castilian.<br>
Vocabulario y gramática de asturianu y bable, comparaciones con castellano

Moderator: Moderators

abruzzey

tecláu asturianu!

Post by abruzzey »

¿daquién pode encontrar unu tecláu asturianu que tien los dígrafos comu ḷḷ y ḥ? toi buscando unu diseñu pa windows

¿alguien puede encontrar un teclado asturiano que tiene los dígrafos como ḷḷ y ḥ? estoy buscando un diseño para windows

can anyone find an asturian keyboard that has the digraphs like ḷḷ and ḥ? I'm looking for a layout for windows

EDIT: I couldn't find one, so I just made one myself. This one works with windows. If anyone's looking for a mac keyboard, there's a keyboard layout creator app similar to the one I used for this keyboard called 'Ukelele' which is great and I recommend it. Also it's free online. I don't have a mac anymore, so I can't do it, but it's a pretty easy app to figure out.

How to use

Download here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=12rGbw ... UnO5xNyK9m

Unzip (should be called 'asturies - Copy')

Try each of the three highlighted files, two of them will give you error messages but one of them will work (I think it has something to do with which version of windows you have, I don't know computers that well so I'm not sure)

At least one takes you to an installation client and once you're done with that, it should be ready to use in the language bar at the computer at the bottom of your screen. It will most likely be labelled as Galician because there was no option for Asturian when I was making it.

The keyboard uses dead keys for accents which work the exact same as the accents do on the Spanish keyboard for windows.
For the Asturian keyboard, I have added a dead key for the che vaqueira and hache aspirada. This works slightly different than the dead keys for the accents in that instead of using capital letters to get a capital che vaqueira and hache aspirada, you use the keys to the right of h and l respectively.
I also left che vaqueira as a single L because it was easier than having to have keys for ll, Ll, and LL, and also if you for some reason need lL.

layout previews:
(sorry the letters are so small i can't change the size)

the dead key for the che vaqueira and hache aspirada is the one in the far upper left corner that's red

shift mode

(note: che vaqueira and hache aspirada will not work on programs that do not support unicode)

let me know if there's any problems. so far i've only used this keyboard on my laptop which uses Windows 10 but it should work with Windows programs as old as Windows XP

¡Gracies!
Rachel
Last edited by abruzzey on Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

Good question! I've not seen one. It would probably help you get a quicker response if you ask on the Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/AsturianUS/

Please let us know what you discover!
Indalecio Fernandez

Post by Indalecio Fernandez »

En la barra de herramientas de word, en el menú "insertar" en "símbolos" aparecen esos que buscas.
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

Muy buena idea, Indalecio!

Return to “Asturian & Bable - Asturianu y bables”