FAQFAQ          SearchSearch          MemberlistMemberlist          UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile          Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages          Log inLog in          
part of an horru (hórreo)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Asturian-American Migration Forum Index -> Asturian word of the week - Pallabra selmanal n'asturianu
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Terechu

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:24 pm    Post subject: part of an horru (hórreo) Reply with quote

TORNARRATOS, sub., sing.,masc.

Me encontré hoy con esta palabra que designa un ingenio constructivo del horreo, y que sin el los ratones te abrasan las cosechas que tengas dentro***
Mouse turnabout, Mouse Fender, Mouse Returner. It's a very simple yet well thought out construction refinement of the hórreos. i think the most fitting translation is "mouse turnab0ut", other suggestions are welcome.
Anybody got an hórreo he/she
I found this hórreo in Taranes,he/shef is especially proud of? Otherwise i'll post my in-laws 300 year old hórreo. >I found this image od a perfect, sturdy model horru
You will see what prompts a mouse to turnh around and go back, knowing that inside that well ventilated contraption is a harvest of potatoes, apples, nuts, and other goodies.
Th
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Asturian-American Migration Forum Index -> Asturian word of the week - Pallabra selmanal n'asturianu All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: