Grandfather's parents-Isidoro/Ysidro Costales (Gijón)

Researching our ancestors in Asturias & America.<br>
Investigando nuestros antepasados en Asturias y America

Moderators: svgev, Maria Garcia Alvarez, Moderators

Mllpidal

Re: Grandfather's parents-Isidoro/Ysidro Costales (Gijón)

Post by Mllpidal »

yvonnecostales wrote:My grandfather's name was Isidoro Costales (Ysidro?), born 1890 in Gijon. He migrated to the US or South America in 1922. I cannot find baptism records. I do not know if he had siblings. He may have been born in Seville, or lived there.

thanks for any tips you can provide!

Yvonne Costales
He was the son of Feliciano Costales and Sinforosa Menéndez, from Quintueles (Villaviciosa, Asturias) quite near to Gijón. My grandmother was the granddaughter of Feliciano and Sinforosa.
Bob

Post by Bob »

Have you tried the onlibe forms for the registro civil (Gijon - Xixon)? Here is the link https://www.registrocivil.es/info/asturias/gijon/ If you can find where you ancestor was born, you could also determine the local parish and ask for documents. The registro civil goes back only to 1871. Parish records may be in the parish or the diocesan offices. Some civil and parish records were destroyed during the guerra civil.
Xuaco

Post by Xuaco »

You can find information about Villaviciosa county in www.villaviciosaquienvivia.org

There are "padrones", a list of inhabitants. In page 195 of the year 1871 yu can read as following, a Sinforosa Menendez in Quintuales, born near 1857 daughter of Hermenegildo Menendez Blanco and Rosalia Palacio Noval, with her brothers and sisters.
●Hermenegildo Menéndez Blanco, 49 años,
casado, labrador, vecino de San Clemente
Rosalia Palacio Noval, 37 años, casada
Amalia Menéndez Palacio, 18 años, soltera
Saturna Menéndez Palacio, 17 años, soltera
Teresa Menéndez Palacio, 15 años
Sinforosa Menéndez Palacio, 14 años
Manuel Menéndez Palacio, 12 años
Francisco Menéndez Palacio, 8 años
María Menéndez Palacio, 6 años
Cecilia Menéndez Palacio, 5 años
Albina Menéndez Palacio, 10 años
Maximino Menéndez Palacio, 2 años
Indalecio Menéndez Palacio, 2 años

Books of Quintueles Parish are in Oviedo, e-mail: archivo@iglesiadeasturias.org , they keep books of baptism, marriage and deaths since 1642

Best regards
aniyah44u

Post by aniyah44u »

this its the true link of registro civil de Gijon: https://www.registrociviloviedo.org/registro/gijon/
Terechu

Siforosa

Post by Terechu »

Hers was the first name I saw on that wonderful list of siblings. I'm not sure they're going to have her digitalized, but you can try online, a the Ministry of Justice, in Madrid, If they ask anythingmore than name and birthdate plus names of parents, which you have, then you will have no choice buttto write to the parish of Quintueles (County villaviciosa).

https://www.mjusticia.gob.es/cs/Satelli ... tificacion

Return to “Genealogy - Genealogía”