Phoenician Migration to Spain

If you can't figure out where else to post, say it here.<br>
Si no sabes dónde poner tu tema, pongalo aquí.

Moderator: Moderators

Manuell Alvarez

Phoenician Migration to Spain

Post by Manuell Alvarez »

During the sheltering-in-place, (isolation), during the Cornavirus pandemic, I have started a new on-line research to discover if there was a connection to the Phoenicians and Asturians. Unfortunately, I have not found any. There is one report that a DNA sample from a 2500 year old grave at Cartage in North Africa has produced a DNA result that has been found to match several 7000 year old samples found near Leon. Scientist cannot understand why this Phoenician man possesses European DNA, U5b2c1. Interestingly, is the fact that the modern Lebanese have the same European DNA while samples taken on the Balearic islands are more Phoenician than European. There had to be a mass migration in ancient times for this to exist.

I have found that they have found many Phoenician artifacts around the area of Cadiz in the south. the Phoenicians were great sailors and traders. There is also evidence that the Phoenicians made it to Cornwall in the south of England looking for tin which is added to copper to make bronze. Close to Cadiz are the Rio Tinto mines which may be why it was important to them. Their artifacts have been found there at Rio Tinto. Asturias is rich in minerals which may have created some interest. Hopefully, there is a connection.

The Greeks called them Phoenicians, which means people of the sea. They did not conquer people or territories, they just walked in and were only interested in trade.

Return to “General Discussion - Discusión general”