Looking for info on Pardo Family

Researching our ancestors in Asturias & America.<br>
Investigando nuestros antepasados en Asturias y America

Moderators: svgev, Maria Garcia Alvarez, Moderators

Maitedelamerens

Looking for info on Pardo Family

Post by Maitedelamerens »

My great grandfather Rufino Pardo Bermúdez was baptized at San Martin de Luiña, Asturias in 1867 and moved to Matanzas Cuba in 1878. His parents were Leonardo Pardo and Deonisia Bermudez who were also from the area and his sister, Felicia Pardo (born 1866 in Cudilleros) was married Saturno Garcia from Beiciella. I have been unable to find any records, church or civil registrations. Suggestions on how to access this would be appreciated. Maite
Jasm

Post by Jasm »

Rufino could have had 2 more siblings, Perfecto and Dolores, Dolores had a forest in Escalada, San Martín de Luiña.
In Spain, in most places, the Civil Registry began in 1871, Cudillero also. I believe that no books are preserved from the church of San Martín de Luiña prior to 1936
Perhaps in the Cudillero Archive, some old census or padron are preserved, in the old censuses, women did not usually appear.
In 1887, was in Cuba, Manuel Pardo Rodriguez, born in 1868, was from Mumayor, Santa Martín de Luiña, son of Antonio and Josefa.

I'm sorry to have been of so little help
Maitedelamerens

Rufino did have siblings. Inocencia Felicia pardo Bermúdez (1866) who married Saturno Garcia and they had three children. Perfecto Garcia, Jose Garcia and Amalia Garcia. I was unaware of Dolores but I do know the Pardo family had a farm in La Escalada. Rufino also had a brother Jose Pardo Bermudez but I have no information for him. It is true that Rufino went to Cuba in 1878, supposedly going first to Vera Cruz Mexico. Any idea on where I can look for travel information. Not sure what port he would sail from Spain to Cuba or Mexico
and later so did his sister’s family, Inocencia Garcia, but I do not know when.
Jasm

Post by Jasm »

The Archivo de Indianos de Colombres - Ribadedeva - Asturias, preserves the American documentation of immigrants.
In 1885, they were fugitives from military service, parish of San Martin de Luiña,
Nicasio Martinez Pardo, Escalada. Fernando Pardo Pardo, Artedo.
he was leaving for military service when he was 19 or 20 years old.
The General Archive of Mexico, keeps files of immigrants who entered through Veracruz. I have looked but I have not seen any Rufino Pardo
Maitedelamerens

Thanks for your note. Rufino left at age 11, in 1878, strange I know, so he was not old enough for the war. Supposedly he went to Vera Cruz. From there he went to Matanzas, Cuba. The story we were told as children said he was offered land in Matanzas. He rode his horse in a square for 24 hours and with that he was given the land within that perimeter. I don’t know if he was rewarded with land for helping in the war against Spain. This area was a neighborhood later called Carlos Rojas, in Matanzas. My maternal grandmother was born near there in a town called Jovellanos .
Rufino’s sister, Inocensia had children who went to Argentina, last name Garcia Pardo. Inocensia also had Grandchildren who went to Cuba, Perfecto Garcia whom we knew from Cuba. This gentleman told me about the His family who were born in Beiciella and the farm at La Escalada. I have also found information on Rufino from Cuban records. He took several trips by ship to the US 1895 through 1940. But I have been unable to find information on his departure from Spain or arrival to Cuba He and his parents, Leonardo and Dionisia were also listed on my Maternal grandmother’s birth certificate from Cuba.
I have looked at the sources in PARES and the several registries such as Archivo Histórico Diocesano, the website for Ayuntamiento de Oviedo, registro civile, but have not figured out how to research things. They ask for the name of sources. Is there somewhere I can go to read about how to look up Rufino Pardo or his parents. You mentioned Rufino was from Mumayor near San Martin de Luiña. How did you find that. His family history also mentions the towns Beicello, and la Escalada.. Where would I find information about these relatives?
Thanks so much for your help.
Jasm

Post by Jasm »

Perfecto García Pardo son of Saturnino y Felisa, the replacement of 1910 was declared a fugitive from military service, in the council of Cudillero, on April 29, 1910
On Novembre 30, 1929, The Lutzow ship arrived at the port of Havana, coming from Bremen (Germany), with stops in the North of Spain, which ended in Galveston, a Rufino Pardo with his son.

Return to “Genealogy - Genealogía”