Entrugues frecuentesEntrugues frecuentes          BuscarBuscar          MiembrosMiembros          Grupos d'UsuariosGrupos d'Usuarios    RexistraseRexistrase 
 PerfilPerfil          Entre pa ver los sus mensaxes privaosEntre pa ver los sus mensaxes privaos          ConectaseConectase          
Survivors

Publicar nueu tema   Responder al tema    Índiz del foro de la migración astur-americana -> Genealogy - Genealogía
Ver tema anterior :: Ver tema siguiente  
Autor Mensaxe
Manuell Alvarez

Rexistrau: 14 Xun 2011
Mensaxes: 240

MensaxePublicao: Sab Xin 23, 2021 10:41 pm    Asuntu: Survivors Responder citando

We owe a good deal to our ancestors who survived plaques, natural disasters, famines, financial depressions, and wars. Our very existence is due to the resiliency of many generations of survivors. Unfortunately, there is no recorded history of their struggles.

75,000 years ago, scientists believe that mankind almost went extinct due to some catastrophe which caused tree rings not to grow. Further, they point out that the quantity of DNA that is passed down from our mothers had narrowed down to about 3000 people.

Hopefully, a thousand years from now, our descendants will note that they owe their existence to those who survived the Coronavirus.

I can only trace my Asturian heritage back to my great grandparents.
Tornar arriba  
Jasm

Rexistrau: 28 Pay 2015
Mensaxes: 316
Llugar: Asturias

MensaxePublicao: Llu Xin 25, 2021 8:06 am    Asuntu: Responder citando

Manuell, San Martín de Gurulles, Unfortunately, it was in front of the Civil War (1936-1939), and in that parish only the baptism books are preserved 1860-94, married 1860-61 1862-92, confirmed 1873-74. If the padrones (census) of 1815 and 1824 are preserved, but only the males appear, it is rare to find a woman.

I apologize for my English.
Tornar arriba  
Mostrar mensaxes de anteriores:   
Publicar nueu tema   Responder al tema    Índiz del foro de la migración astur-americana -> Genealogy - Genealogía Toles hores son GMT - 4 Hores
Páxina 1 de 1

Dir a:  
Pue publicar nueos temes n'esti foru
Nun pue responder a temes n'esti foru
Nun pue editar los sus mensaxes n'esti foru
Nun pue esborriar los sus mensaxes n'esti foru
Nun pue votar en encuestes n'esti foru

Site design & hosting by

Zoller Wagner Digital Design