FAQFAQ          SearchSearch          MemberlistMemberlist          UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile          Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages          Log inLog in          
Asturian Cider
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Asturian-American Migration Forum Index -> Drinks, Cider - Bebidas, sidra
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Art
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, David. I'm not sure about this, but I've heard that the Centro Asturiano de New York imports sidra. Perhaps if you were to join, you might have access to their imported sidra. You can email them from their website: www.centroasturiano.org. Membership is $50/year per family.

-------------

Bienvenido, David. No estoy seguro de eso, pero he oído que el Centro Asturiano de Nueva York tiene sidra de importación. Tal vez si te apuntas en el centro, tenderías acceso a su sidra importada. Puedes enviarles un correo de su página: www.centroasturiano.org. Cuesta $50 cada año por familia asociarte.
Bob

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the unwelcome change may be due to EU regulations. Someone (I can no longer remember who) told me that wood chips are no longer used at the entrances to shopping malls on rainy days. Too bad, they worked much better than the rugs they use in the EEUU.
Bob

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't the Miami Centro donate the sidra for the 2006 conference in Florida?
Art
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that's true, Bob. Hilda may be able to answer that question for us. I'll email her.

-----------------

Sí, tienes razón, Bob. Tal vez Hilda pueda dar una respuesta a la pregunta. Voy a enviarle un correo.
Eric Smith Fernandez

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have a step by step process to making cider? I have 2 apple trees that are about 45 years old. I would also like to know what barrels are used in Asturias.

-------------------------

¿Tiene alguíen un ejemplo del processo para hacer la Sidra? Tengo dos árboles de manzanas que tienen 45 años mas o menos. Me gustaría saber cuáles son la barrigas que se usan en Asturies.

Gracias

Eric

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Documental TPA, sobre la sidra Asturiana
TPA Documentary, about Asturian cider.
http://www.rtpa.es/video:saboreando%20el%20paraiso_551533249351.html
Jasm

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brownsville – Texas
Local
“Siedra Astrunia” is the name of a new brand of Spanish cider, a shipment of which was received at the P. L. Webber grocery company here today. The cider is in artistic bottles, and was imported from Spain to New York.
Brownsville The Evening Herald, September 29, 1924. Page 5

It wouldn`t be "Sidra Asturiana".
It was moved a lot

Brownsville - Texas
Local
"Siedra Astrunia" es el nombre de una nueva marca de sidra Española, cuyo envío fue recibido hoy en la empresa de abarrotes (Tienda donde se venden artículos de uso cotidiano, principalmente comestibles.) P. L. Webber. La sidra esta en botellas artisticas, y fue importada desde España a Nueva York.
Brownsville The Evening Herald, 29 de Septiembre de 1924. Página 5

No sería "Sidra Asturiana".
Se movió mucho.
PsLangreo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2023 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dicen que la sidra cuando pasa el negron, se vuelve ácida y sabe peor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Asturian-American Migration Forum Index -> Drinks, Cider - Bebidas, sidra All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: