Monica Dixon American-Asturian Pintora - Painter

2-D & 3-D disciplines: painting, sculpture, ceramics, printmaking, jewelry, etc.<br>
Disciplinas bidimensional y tridimensional: pintura, escultura, cerámica, grabado, alhajas, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Jasm

Monica Dixon American-Asturian Pintora - Painter

Post by Jasm »

Monica Dixon Gutiérrez de Terán, Marlton (New Jersey, USA, 1971), Bachelor of Fine Arts, Painting, by Rutgers University (NJ USA). Studies drawing Fleischer School Of Art in Philadelphia. descendant of Asturian.
She defines herself: Along my continuous search and worry about light – in my constant dialogue between artificial and natural light - I don’t look for detail, but the minimal figurative references to create sensations. In that search I dispossess the pictorial space of all that I perceived as anecdotic. Characters and objects disturbed me; they distracted me from what I really wanted to see: the space painted in its own, the vibration of light in the atmosphere, the essential solitude of the scene. Sometimes we go from place to place without knowing what we keep in them. Time goes by and it doesn’t tell us what happens in them but it carries us to the shelter of a timid light that converses with us. Because the reality that will prevail opposite to our evanescency, are not the individual objects nor their particular configuration in space, but the space itself and the light that reveals it. The space as a compartment that describes the scenography of life. The space, definitive, not like a mere construction or emptiness, but like a presence.

http://www.monicadixongallery.com/

Mónica Dixon Gutiérrez de Terán, Marlton (New Jersey, USA, 1971). Licenciada en Bellas Artes por la Universidad de Rutgers (New Jersey) donde se le concede la Mención de honor en dibujo. Completa estudios en la Fleischer School Of Art de Filadelfia. Es descendiente de Asturiana.
Ella se define: En mi continua búsqueda y preocupación por la luz -en un dialogo constante que mantengo en toda mi obra entre luz artificial y natural- no busco el detalle, sino las referencias figurativas mínimas para crear sensaciones. En esa búsqueda he ido despojando el espacio pictórico de todo aquello que percibía como anecdótico. Personajes y objetos me importunaban; me distraían de lo que en realidad quería ver: el espacio pintado en sí mismo, la vibración de la luz en la atmósfera, la soledad esencial del escenario. A veces transitamos por lugares que vivimos sin saber qué guardamos de ellos. Transcurre el tiempo y no nos cuenta lo que en ellos ocurre, sino que nos lleva al abrigo de una tímida luz que conversa con nosotros. Porque la realidad que prevalecerá frente a nuestra evanescencia, no son los objetos individuales, ni su configuración particular en el espacio, sino el espacio en sí mismo y la luz que lo revela. El espacio como compartimento que describe la escenografía de la vida. El espacio en definitiva, no como mera construcción o vacío, sino como presencia.

Return to “Visual Art - Artes visuales”