FAQFAQ          SearchSearch          MemberlistMemberlist          UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile          Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages          Log inLog in          
Learn Spanish Online with your Library Card

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Asturian-American Migration Forum Index -> Castilian Spanish - Castellano
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Manuell Alvarez

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:42 am    Post subject: Learn Spanish Online with your Library Card Reply with quote

I pick up a card at our local library which read that one could learn Spanish online for free--all you need is your library card. The printed instructions are as follows:

1. Go to your library's web site.
2. Click on Pronunciator:

The card claims that one can study American or European Spanish. Supposedly, there are other languages listed along with Spanish. After three years of high school Spanish, my Asturian father told me that I spoke Spanish like a cow which is to say that it was not Spanish.

I have tried the other translator sites and have found that in trying to communicate via email, my written Spanish suffers a lack of understanding.

I have not tried this site as of yet and profess my ignorance. Hopefully, I will not be embarrassed and this site is worthy for posting to our Forum for those like me who wish to continue their study of the language of Spain and our families. Nothing is perfect. Please allow me to save face.

Manny, ( A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery while taking a detour).
Art
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much, Manny!

My library does not hve this service, but I see that a local college does. It is a database, so you might have to look under .

Quote:
Pronunciator

Pronunciator is an online language learning tool that offers interactive exercises and programs to enhance your lingual skills. You can learn 80 languages in any of 50 languages with Pronunciator. It also offers a large ESL curriculum, with courses for 50 non-English languages. Explore its functionality as you learn a new language or brush up on your current lingual skills.

Below is the postcard Manny saw. Click on the image to view it.

Rokki7

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best way to learn any foreign language is to practice it with a native speaker.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Asturian-American Migration Forum Index -> Castilian Spanish - Castellano All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: