Arthur Garcia & Ann (Rodriguez) Garcia

Researching our ancestors in Asturias & America.<br>
Investigando nuestros antepasados en Asturias y America

Moderators: svgev, Maria Garcia Alvarez, Moderators

mindi

generosa garcia

Post by mindi »

This is a little off topic from your family, but I was wondering if you had come across the ship manifest or passenger list for Generosa Garcia. We believe that my great, great grandmother, Ramona Gonzalez, traveled with her on the boat to America in 1906. I heard they were great friends and haven't been able to find this information. We think she was from Piedras Blancas and her husband Angel was from Aviles. I did find the passenger list and manifest for Angel when he came in 1904...how exciting that was!

Thank you,

Mindi Duncan (Gonzales)
Stephen Deutschman

Ships Manifest for Generosa

Post by Stephen Deutschman »

As a matter of fact I found a ships manifest and you have to see the acutal manifest to see that they messed up on the name when transcribed to typing it. Anyway this how you will find the name when searching.
Boston Passenger Lists, 1820-1943
about Leucrosa Albarey
Name: Leucrosa Albarey
Arrival Date: 8 Sep 1906
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1879
Ethnic Background: Spanish
Port of Departure: Liverpool, England
Ship Name: Republic
Port of Arrival: Boston, Massachusetts
Friend's Name: Matheo Garcia [husband]
Last Residence: Spain
Microfilm Roll Number: 98
mindi

Post by mindi »

I didn't think to look in Boston for a passenger list. I'm assuming Albarey was her maiden name? I think I'll have to renew my subcription to Ancestry.com in order to view a manifest. If you have that document, would you mind seeing if there was a Ramona Gonzalez (Muniz) listed as well? I'd appreciate it. Thank you so much!
Stephen Deutschman

Generosa

Generosa Alvarez actually shown, they just messed it up when they typed the name on Ancestry, so in order to see the manifest you have to type in
Leucrosa Albarey and when you actually see it then you will know for real.
I will be happy to email you a copy if Ramona Gonzalez is there.
I have a feeling we are working on the same family and you may be related to my wifes people. Do you have a family tree at roots web?
my email address is [Art: Email addresses are not allowed. Please use the email button below.]
let me know, thank you, stephen
Stephen Deutschman

Ramona Gonzalez (Muniz)

Good news, she is on the manifest, below Generosa as Ramona Muniz, 22 years old, wife and on her way to Angel Gonzalez,
mindi

Post by mindi »

You made my day!! I've just renewed my subscription to Ancestry for the month. That's how excited I am!
I'll email you shortly, I'd be curious to know if I have some family in common with your wife as you said. One thing I know about Generosa Garcia is that shortly after she arrived, her husband died. I don't remember how, but I could find out soon enough. My grandfather moved back to the Donora area last year after being gone for 50 years. He's come full circle and it's so nice to share this news with him! Ramona and Angel were his grandparents. His uncle Herman just died a few months ago and he was the last of Ramona and Angel's children. I feel that I'm at a critical point. The generations are dying out and those that remember our ancestors are becoming few. Not much has been passed down and so afraid that it will be lost. I hope to hold onto to it and learn as much as I can. This forum is such a treasure. Thank you again dearly.
Stephen Deutschman

Donora

My father in-law was from Donora and his brother stayed there until he passed. I have a lot of info I would like for your father to see. He may have the links I am looking for, cousins and so forth. I look forward to hearing from you. When you send the email make your subject: Donora, that way if it goes into my spam folder I can catch it. stephen
Peggy Garcia Snyder

Post by Peggy Garcia Snyder »

Brian Houston et al,
I'm a little late to this discussion as I just discovered this forum.
I've recently been in touch with a Guardado cousin that found me in 23 & Me.

Ancestry.com has provided a lot of sad news. As someone mentioned in this forum, we are losing a lot of our family and a lot of history. My Garcia family is now just me and my sister Penny. My Father, Bennie, Mother Peggy, and my brothers Bennie and Jose are all gone.

Ancestry.com isn't helping much outside of the US. Still trying to find out as much as I can about the Garcias.

My sister Beverly, my Mother's daughter(not a Garcia), was very fond of your Mother Sally, and your Aunts. I'm sorry for your loss. Beverly has also passed.
Peggy

Return to “Genealogy - Genealogía”