Ramón's Postcard - Postal de Ramón

Discussion of photos in the AsturianUS.org photo album pages.<br>
Discusión de fotos en las páginas del álbum de fotos de AsturianUS.org.

Moderator: Moderators

Art
Site Admin

Ramón's Postcard - Postal de Ramón

Post by Art »

Marta Diaz has sent an image of a postcard for our photo album.

She says that her grandfather sent it (probably from Canton Ohio on April 27, 1945). It is written in a combination of Spanish and Asturian with a few spelling errors.

A translation by Art (corrections appreciated):
Here in America, the old women who talk too much are punished by nailing their tongues to a tree. [This woman] looks like Ramona Pacha. Take care of yourself and remember me as I remember you. Your cousin, Ramón Garcia Alvarez

(It should go without saying that the message and image are misogynist and would not be kosher today.)

--------------

Marta Diaz envió una imagen de una postal para nuestro álbum de fotos.

Dice que su abuelo envió esta postal (probablement de Canton Ohio el 27 de Abril, 1945). Es escrito en una combinación de Castellano y Asturianu con algunos errores de ortografía.

(Una traducción está arriba.)

(Espero que no tengo que escribir que la postal y mensaje son misóginos y que hoy no serían "kosher" [socialmente aceptables].)
jomaguca

Re: Ramón's Postcard - Postal de Ramón

Post by jomaguca »

Solamente quiero decir qué es una postal muy simpática y por lo menos me reí un poco .saludos
Terechu

Post by Terechu »

A mí esta postal me recuerda a una anécdota que me contaron unos amigos de La Felguera y que pasó en Cuturrasu (Coto Raso en "fino").
Por lo visto en aquellos tiempos en que las mozas casaderas escaseaban y los mozos iban "a moces" por los pueblos, los de la rural Cuturrasu se hartaron de que los de industrial La Felguera anduvieran rondando a las chicas locales, hasta que un día, cogieron a uno y le clavaron una oreja a un árbol.

A mí me pareció una solución muy refinada. :lol: No lo molieron a palos, pero lo inmovilizaron en un lugar público, como aviso a navegantes. Después de esto creo que el flujo de pretendientes procedentes del valle se redujo de manera asombrosa. :wink:

-------------------------------------------------------------

This postcard reminds me of an anecdote some friends of mine from La Felguera told me, and which took place in Cuturrasu (or Coto Raso in Castillian). It seems that back in those days when marriageable young women were scarce and the young bachelors used to roam the villages looking for girls, the fellows from rural Cuturrasu got tired of the many guys from industrial La Felguera chasing after their local girls and one day they grabbed one of them and nailed him to a tree by one ear.

I found this a refined solution. :lol: They didn't beat the living daylights out of him, but immobilized him in a public place, as a warning to other would-be courtiers. After that the flow of suitors from the valley was said to have dwindled in the most amazing way. :wink:

Terechu

Return to “Our Photo Album - Nuestro álbum de fotos”