Investidura Bush - cotilleo / Bush inauguration - gossip

If you can't figure out where else to post, say it here.<br>
Si no sabes dónde poner tu tema, pongalo aquí.

Moderator: Moderators

Terechu

Investidura Bush - cotilleo / Bush inauguration - gossip

Post by Terechu »

Parece ser que la cantante Ana Cristina, encargada de cantar el himno nacional americano en la investidura de Bush, es nieta de asturianos huidos de Cuba y que viven en Miami. ¿Alguien sabe algo de esta chica?

Un aplauso para Laura Bush por su cambio de imagen. No parecía ella con aquel precioso vestido de seda color cobre de Carolina Herrera. Estaba muy guapa!
-----------------------------------------------------------

It seems that the singer Ana Cristina, who was the one chosen to sing the National Anthem during the inaugural ceremony, has Asturian grandparents, who settled in Miami after fleeing Cuba. Does anybody know anything about this girl?

A round of applause for Laura Bush and her new look. She seemed like a different woman in that gorgeous copper-coloured silk dress by Carolina Herrera. She looked great!
Robert

Post by Robert »

Terechu,

No sé mucho, pero se habló mucho de ella aquí en Miami en los medios. Su apellido es Alvarez y tiene 19 años. Seguramente es un orgullo para cubanoamericanos y asturianoamericanos de ser representados de tal manera en un acontecimiento tan importante.

Aquí esta un articulo sobre Ana Cristina que salió hace unos dias en el Nuevo Herald, un diario castellano en Miami: http://www.miami.com/mld/elnuevo/10685301.htm

Saludos,

Robert
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know much, but there was a lot of talk in the media about here in Miami. Her last name is Alvarez and she's 19 years old. It's certainly a source of pride for Cuban-Americans and Asturian-Americans to be represented in such a manner for an event of that magnitude.

Here's a link to an article in the Miami Herald (English) about Ana Cristina that came out a few days ago: http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/10686418.htm

The link to the Spanish version of the article is above.

Greetings,

Robert
Terechu

Post by Terechu »

Gracias, Robert, es la primera vez que veo una foto de ella, porque aquí es totalmente desconocida. Espero que eso cambie pronto, porque parece que tiene una voz impresionante, además de ser muy guapa.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank, Robert, this is the first picture I see of her, because she's totally unknown here. I hope that changes soon, though, as she seems to have an impressive voice, apart from being very pretty.
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

I'm sure that her singing ability was important in the Bush team's selection process, but Ana Cristina has one other quality that was probably as important: She is a highly visible member of the Cuban-American community, a group whose votes Republicans want.

You've got to hand it to the Bushies, though, because they've done well at reaching out to minorities.

I suppose the costly inauguration festivities were just the first installment of rewards they'll bestow on their campaign supporters.

-------------------

Estoy seguro que su capacidad de cantar era importante en el proceso de selección del equipo de Bush, pero Ana Cristina tiene otra calidad que era probablemente tan importante: Ella es un miembro sumamente visible de la comunidad cubana americana. Es un grupo cuyos votos los Republicanos los quieren.

Pues, hay que reconocérselo que los Bushies porque han tenido mucho éxito en tender la mano a las minorías.

Supongo que las festividades costosas de toma de posesión eran solamente la primera instalación de recompensas otorgarán a sus partidarios de la campaña.
Terechu

Post by Terechu »

OMG! That explains why prudish Laura Bush suddenly sacked her designer (whose designs were in the line of Queen Elizabeth) and went for Carolina Herrera and Oscar de la Renta - she is Venezuelan and he is Dominican. I was so surprised when I saw her at the dinner ball wearing that very funky copper coloured dress I couldn't believe it. She looked 20 years younger and really beautiful.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, cielos! Eso explica por qué la recatada Laura Bush despidió a su modisto de siempre (que le hacía unos modelitos a lo Reina Isabel de Inglaterra) y se decidió por Carolina Herrera y Oscar de la Renta! Venezolana ella y dominicano él. A mí me sorprendió mucho verla en el baile de gala con aquel vestido color cobre tan "funky" que no me lo podía creer. Se quitó 20 años de encima y estaba muy guapa.
Anastasia

Post by Anastasia »

Last edited by Anastasia on Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Terechu

Post by Terechu »

Anuski, por Dios! ¿Cómo voy a estar a favor de la guerra de Irak? Con la cantidad de broncas que tuve en este foro por ese tema. Vete a la sección de discusiones políticas y verás que hasta me mandaron a tomar por ...
Esto sólo era cotilleo de trapos, que es otra historia, reina. :lol:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anuski, for crying out loud! How could I be for the war in Irak? To think of all the rows I've had in this forum over that subject! Just look into the Political Discussion section and you'll see that I was even told to "shove it".

This was just gossip about outfits, a totally different story, sweetie! :lol:

Return to “General Discussion - Discusión general”