comida en la calle

People, history, places, resources, & more.<br>
El pueblo, historia, lugares, recursos, & más.

Moderators: mariamatoyos, Moderators

jomaguca

comida en la calle

Post by jomaguca »

http://www.elcomerciodigital.com/ocio/o ... acalle.jpg
[ver enlace en el mensaje siguido]
Como veo qué nadie habla del día de la comida en la calle ,os mando este enlace para qué veais como estaban las calles del centro de Avilés el lunes de Pascua qué es cuando se celebra la comida en la calle ,no voy a contar nada porqué las fotos lo dicen todo, es más, en el parque de la Marquesa no entraba una persona más.saludos y espero qué os guste alguna vez parecido por las calles de vuestras villas.

---------
trans. Art

http://www.elcomerciodigital.com/ocio/o ... acalle.jpg
[see the link in the next message]
Since I see that nobody has mentioned the "day of food in the street," I'll send you this link so you can see for yourselves what the streets of the center of Avilés looked like on the Monday of Holy Week [Easter?]. That's when we celebrate "food in the street." I'm not going to say anything more because the photos say everything. Ah, but there's more: not one person more could have fit in the park of the Marquesa! Best wishes and I hope that one day you'll enjoy something similar in the streets of your towns.
Germán

Post by Germán »

Muy buenas fotos, gracias! Se pueden ver aquí (o buscar en la sección "Avilés" del diario, por si cambian el enlace):
http://www1.elcomerciodigital.com/inter ... agenes.htm

Saludos,
Germán

------------
trans. Art

Very nice photos, thanks! You can see here (or search in the Avilés section of the newspaper if they change the link):
http://www1.elcomerciodigital.com/inter ... agenes.htm

Best wishes,
Germán
Terechu

Post by Terechu »

Gracias por las fotos, Jose y Germán! Los de Avilés soys la monda! Seguro que no hay muchos sitios donde se organice una comida en la calle para 17.000 personas todos los años y que los vecinos respondan. Aquí en Gijón todavía se hace, pero sólo en Cimavilla para los vecinos autóctonos del "barrio alto", que cada vez quedan menos.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the pics, Jose and Germán! You folks from Avilés are a scream! I'm sure there are not too many places on Earth where a street lunch for 17,000 persons gets organized every year and all the residents turn out.
Here in Gijón that tradition is still alive, but only for the natives and residents of Cimadevilla (fishermen's quarter), whose number is dwindling.
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

I really enjoyed the photos, thanks!

Is this Lunes de Pascua (Monday after Holy Week?) a city-wide romeria without the pilgrimage to a chapel? What meaning does the event have? Is it religious?

Do groups/families bring their own food, chairs and tables?

In Pella, Iowa, we had something similar in the fall, a hog roast that the whole town was invited to. The food was totally provided by the city and everyone paid to eat, but it was a bargain. People sat at picnic tables or sat on the grass in park/square at the center of the city. The day before, the square was filled with smoke from more than a dozen hogs being roasted.

--------------

¡Cuánto disfruté de las fotos, gracias!

¿Es este Lunes de Pascua (¿el lunes después de la Semana Santa?) como una romeria por toda la ciudad sin la peregrinación a una capilla? ¿Qué significado tiene el acontecimiento? ¿Es religioso?

¿Traen los grupos/familias su propia comida, sillas y mesas?

En Pella, Iowa, teníamos algo parecido en el otoño, un "hog roast" (una fiesta en que hay se asan uno o más cerdos fuera al aire libre) al cual invitaron a la ciudad entera. La ciudad totalmente proporcionó el alimento y cada persona pagó para comer, pero era muy barato. La gente se sentó en mesas de picnic o se sentó sobre la hierba en el parque/plaza en el centro de la ciudad. El día antes, la plaza estuvo llena del humo de más de una docena de cerdos siendo asados.
jomaguca

comida en la calle

Post by jomaguca »

Art,(es broma) te voy a reñir un poquitin porqué tus abuelos eran del barrio de Sabugo y teniás qué estar un poco enterado del porqué nacieron las fiestas del bollo, un día qué este aburrido te lo contaré con más detalle, las fiestas del bollo las inventó un tal Claudio Luanco para hermanar la rivalidad qué había entre los barrios (me parece qué es así ,como te digo un día miro en todas las revistal del bollo qué tiene mi padre y con paciencia lo escribo,vale?) el ayuntamiento se encarga de poner las mesas por todas las calles del centro de la villa y lo qué si sirven es la bebida como no podía ser no es otra qué sidra(bueno pagada con los impuestos de todos)cada grupo lleva su comida ,como verás en las fotos no falta la empanada, tortilla española etc....,bueno puedes llevar lo qué te dé la gana ,salió la costumbre de reunirse unos cuantos y puedes pedir la comida en un bar qué esté en la calle donde te vas a sentar, cada años hay más gente, me alegra qué os gustaran las fotos.saludos

---------------
trans. Art

Art, (I'm about to joke) I'm going to scold you a bit because your grandparents were from the Sabugo neighborhood and you have to be a bit more informed about how the the "bollo" [bun] holiday came about. One day when you're bored, I'll tell you in more detail about this. A guy named Claudio Luanco invented the "bollo" holiday to bring together neighborhoods [between which there was a lot of] rivalry. (I think that's how it was, as I said, be patient and one day I'll look in all the "bollo" programs that my father has and I'll write about it, okay?) The town hall takes charge putting the tables in all the streets in the center of the town and they provide the only drink they could serve, of course: cider (well, it's paid for with the taxes of all of us). Every group brings their own food. As you can see in the photos, there were empanadas [meat pies], Spanish tortilla [potato omlette], etc. You can bring whatever you like. It's customary to get together with a few friends and you can order the food in a bar whiich is on the street near where you're going to sit. Every year there are more people. It makes me happy that you liked the photos. Best wishes.
jomaguca

Re: comida en la calle

Post by jomaguca »

Se me olvidaba, me parece qué los únicos qué comen gratis son la corporación municipal las xanas y xaninas ,para entendernos la reina(mayores de 18 años) con sus damas de honor y la reinina( hasta 12 años) con sus damas de honor.saludos

-----------
trans. Art

I forgot to say that I think the only ones who eat for free are the town council, the xanas and the xaninas, which is to say the queen (older than 18 ) with her maids of honor, and the princess (up to 12 years old) and the princess' maids of honor.
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

Gracias, José. ¡Todos estas mesas! Vaya.

¿Qué son los xanas y las xaninas? ¿Es el corte real simbólico?

----------

Thanks, José. All of those tables! Wow.

What are the xanas and xaninas? Is that a symbolic royal court?
jomaguca

Re: comida en la calle

Post by jomaguca »

Coma sabrás en todas las fiestas hay reinas, pués las Xanas(en asturiano) y sus damas de honor son la Reina y sus damas de honor y las xaninas(en asturiano) y sus damas son la reinina y sus damas de hornor en diminutivo quiere decir pequeñas.saludos

-------------
trans. Art

As you probably know, every festival has queens. Well, the Xanas (in Asturian) and their maids of honor are the queen and her maids of honor, and the Xaninas (in Asturian) are the princess and her maids of honor. The diminutive [Xanina] means little. Best wishes.

Return to “About Asturias - Sobre Asturies”