Researching our ancestors in Asturias & America.<br>
Investigando nuestros antepasados en Asturias y America

Moderators: svgev, Maria Garcia Alvarez, Moderators

José Ignacio

Buscando Martínez en Posada de Llanera

Post by José Ignacio »

Ando buscando datos sobre los ascendientes de mi abuelo materno que
nació en Posada de LLanera ,cerca de Oviedo, Asturias ,el 15 de mayo de 1878 y
se llamó José Ramón Martínez y Muñiz,hijo de Elviro y Josefa.He oído mencionar también unos sitios llamados Rondiella y Leberies,pero como nunca he visitado esa zona no sé qué son.
El emigró a Cuba a principios del siglo XX y creó familia en ésta y es de la cual yo desciendo.
¿Existirán descendientes de sus hermanos por Asturias u otra localidad cercana? Creo que uno de ellos se llamó Salustiano y haya estado casado con la Sra.Maria García Alvarez.
No sé qué hacer para localizarlos.
Me encantaria poder encontrar alguna información sobre mis bisabuelos y
tatarabuelos por esa rama e idealmente alguna foto.
Debo aclarar que mi interés es puramente familiar y genealógico.
No necesito nada de ellos desde el punto de vista material o
inmigratorio pues soy muy feliz donde estoy y con lo que tengo.
Cualquier información o contacto se agradece de antemano.
José Ignacio Vildósola Martínez
e-mail: jovil17715@yahoo.com

-------------------------------------------------
Translated by Bob

I am looking for information about the descendants of my maternal grandfather who was born in Posada de LLanera , near Oviedo, Asturias , on May 15, 1878, and was named José Ramón Martínez y Muñiz, the son of Elviro y Josefa. I have also heard mentioned some places called Rondiella and Leberies, but because I have never visited this region I don't know what they are.
He emigrated to Cuba at the beginning of the 20th century and established a family there and from this family I descend.
Would there be descendants of his sibs in Asturias or another nearby area? I think that one of them was named Salustiano and would have been married to Sra. Maria García Alvarez.
I don't know what I can do to locate them.
It would delight me to be able to find some information about my greatgrandparents and greatgreatgrandparents in this family line and ideally a photo.
I must explain that my interest is purely familial and genealogical.
I need nothing from them from a material or immigration point of view because I am very happy where I am and with what I have.
Thanks in advance for any information or contact.
José Ignacio Vildósola Martínez
Bob

Post by Bob »

There is a Rondiella in Llanera and another in Mieres, and a la Rondiella in Navia. Both Cuideiru and Valdés have a Rondiel.la.
Terechu

Post by Terechu »

Hi J. Ignacio,

En el concejo de Llanera hay una parroquia de Rondiella. Es muy probable que encuentres parientes en ese pueblo o alrededores, ya que tienes información muy precisa de tus abuelos. Llanera cambió mucho desde los tiempos de tus abuelos, está entre Oviedo y Gijón y tiene muchos polígonos industriales y zonas residenciales, pero el paisaje es el mismo y las iglesias parroquiales y los cementerios siguen ahí para que puedas iniciar tu búsqueda.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There is a parish of Rondiella within the county (Concejo) Llanera. It's more than likely that you will be able to find relatives in that village or vecinity, since you do have precise information on your grandparents.
Llanera has changed a lot since your grandfather's days, it is right between Oviedo and Gijón and has lots of business parks and also residential areas, but the landscape remains and the parish churches and cemeteries are there for you to start your search.

Start by having a look at this web site
http://www.guiastur.com/CONCEJOS/llanera.htm

Cheers
Terechu
José Ignacio

Thank you

Post by José Ignacio »

I need to admit that I've never received such a prompt answer in any other forum.Thanks for the information.I wrote in Spanish with the hope that someone in that region would read it and might even know my relatives.
José Ignacio

Return to “Genealogy - Genealogía”