Escribo un libro/Writing a book: Hijos de Arango

Researching our ancestors in Asturias & America.<br>
Investigando nuestros antepasados en Asturias y America

Moderators: svgev, Maria Garcia Alvarez, Moderators

Xani

Escribo un libro/Writing a book: Hijos de Arango

Post by Xani »

I'm sure that a number of people would be interested in sharing genealogical information.

At present, I am writing a book about my Spanish ancestors called Somos Primos de Tres Paises: Hijos de Arango. It contains information about the descendants of a farmer, Dioniso Arango Gonzalez and his wife Casilda Garcia Cuervo. They were both born in the 1830s in the tiny town of Salamir, which is in the Concejo de Cudillero, Asturias. Dionisio and Casilda have descendants in Cuba, Spain and the USA.

I have a copy of the Census of Pravia which was taken in 1801, in which I would be happy to do look-ups for anyone who is interested. (I will need to know the town in Pravia, because the book is not indexed).

Saludos,
Xana Arango de Hansen
Longmont, Colorado
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

Welcome, Xana!

We have so many sections of the forum that it's sometimes hard to find the we you want. This is the genealogy section. It sounds like you have a very interesting project! Be sure to tell us about it as it develops.

----------

¡Bienvenida, Xana!

Tenemos tantas secciones del foro que es a veces difícil encontrar lo que queremos. Esto es la sección de genealogía. ¡Parece que tienes un proyecto muy interesante! Dinos como va conforme se desarrolla.
andrese

Post by andrese »

Xana,

I have some ancestors that I would like for you to look up in the census of Pravia.

Josef Cuervo Villazon and his mother Maria Villazon, both from Santianes.

I am wondering if you have any connections in your family to persons from Llamero and Ferreros, Candamo. I am a direct descendent of the Areces, Lopez, Cuervo, Gonzalez, Alvarez and Vega families of that area. I am also related by marraige to the Tamargo and Sirgo families from the same areas.

I would like to know where you found this census record??. I'd like to see if there are some available for the late 1700's for the Candamo area.
Thank You
Best Regards
Andres Echazabal :D
Xani

Post by Xani »

Hello, Andres,

The Census of Pravia was taken in the year 1801. It has only the names of men - hidalgos (probably no commoners were included).

In Santianes there is only one Cuervo:

Cuervo Don Pedro, Hidalgo notorio, fue de Cañado.

There is also only one Villazón:

Villazón Fray Juan dem monje benedictino, hidalgo notorio de casa y solar conocido, armas poner y pintar.

The book is available at http://www.barataria.com/heraldry.html and costs $23.00 (shipping is extra, I'm sure).

If you learn of any other census records of the Pravia area which are either published or on microfilm, will you please let me know?

Saludos,
Xani
Xani

Post by Xani »

Sorry, Andrese, that I spelled your name incorrectly. I was in a hurry.
Xani

Return to “Genealogy - Genealogía”