Looking for Information on the Martínez Family from Asturia

Researching our ancestors in Asturias & America.<br>
Investigando nuestros antepasados en Asturias y America

Moderators: svgev, Maria Garcia Alvarez, Moderators

MariaIsabelCueto

Looking for Information on the Martínez Family from Asturia

Post by MariaIsabelCueto »

My grandmother was named María Martínez and she married my grandfather who was named Francisco Cueto. I'm looking for information or anyone that could be related.

Traducido: Mi abuela se llamaba María Martínez y se casó con mi abuelo, Francisco Cueto. Busco información ó cualquier persona de mismo parentesco. Gracias.
Sweeney

finding great grandparents

Post by Sweeney »

If you are looking for the names of your great grandparents I have a suggestion. Look up your grandparents names in the Social security death index. For example: I found a Maria M. Cueto born 17 June 1883 and Died in Tampa, Florida on 15 June 1970 in the social security index (this may be your Grandmother). Write the SS Administration and request a copy of her SS application. The application will give you the following information:

Full name

Full name at birth (including maiden name)

Present mailing address

Age at last birthday

Date of birth

Place of birth (City, county, state)

Father's full name "regardless of whether living or dead"

Mother's full name, including maiden name, "regardless of whether living or dead"

Sex and race

Ever applied for SS number/Railroad Retirement before? Yes/No

Current employer's name and address

Date signed

Applicant's signature

The application costs around $27 dollars and takes a few weeks to receive. Email me and I can give you exact instructions on how to submit the request. The application is written by the applicant, so there is very little chance of mistakes. This is not the case for Death Certificates. Since the next of kin fills out the paperwork there are often mistakes when it comes to mother's maiden name. Even though death certificates often are full of mistakes, it might be worth it to request a copy from Florida. You can usually do that online on various websites. I use www.vitalrec.com. It usually takes a week or two to receive the documents.

Good luck in your search! 8)
Donna
Sweeney

family

Post by Sweeney »

Since your family came from Asturias to Cuba to America you might find some useful links at the following website:

http://www.cubagenweb.org/links.htm

Good Luck! 8)
Donna
el californiano

Post by el californiano »

I have some cousins in Spain, more specifically from Infiesto whose Maternal Surname is Cueto (They are Prida-Cueto). If you know what village you relative is from, I can perhaps pass the information on to them.

Good Luck on your search
:D

Return to “Genealogy - Genealogía”