Looking for Montequin Rionda

Researching our ancestors in Asturias & America.<br>
Investigando nuestros antepasados en Asturias y America

Moderators: svgev, Maria Garcia Alvarez, Moderators

SSH

Looking for Montequin Rionda

Post by SSH »

Hi,

I am Scottish, so don't quite fit the Asturias-American connecetion, but my wife is from Gijon and her family lived there for a long time. When she was 9 her mother got divorced and moved to Bilbao, and she has lost touch with her father. Now we live in the UK and are married with 2 children, and I would like to get in contact with her father just to see if he would like to re-establish contact.

Searching the web, I found his name on google, which seemed to include his DNI number and postal code, from the year 2000:

DNI 10770888, Gijon 33212

And his name is Jose Luis Montequin Rionda.

The phone directory doesn't have him listed, so I was looking for ways to trace people, and this web site seemed to have lots of useful info, so I'd love to have some advice if you can give it.

Thanks!

Andrew

Hola,

Soy escoces, pero mi esposa es de Gijon. Mi esposa no save la direccion de su padre. Su padre y madre separar cerca del ano 1986. Su nombre es Jose Luis Montequin Rionda. DNI 10770888, Gijon 33212

Gracias para ayudar!

Andrew
Bob

Post by Bob »

If he is not listed in the phone directory, I would ask the local police for help. They were very helpful in locating my father's cousin in Piedras Blancas. You could also contact the Registro Civil to see if there is a death certificate in his last known place of residence. Some of our members who live in Gijón or elsewhere in Asturias may be able to help, or have better suggestions.
Terechu

Post by Terechu »

Hi Andrew,
The information you found on your father-in-law is obviously the traffic ticket that was published in the Official Bulletin of the Principado de Asturias. If you noticed, it also reflects a license plate number. You can request the address from the traffic department or the Guardia Civil in Gijón, provided you apply in writing with your full personal data and state your reasons for wanting to find that driver.
However, please remember that they issue said information only in traffic related instances.
SSH

Post by SSH »

Thanks very much for your help!

Is there any chance of someone helping me with the text of a letter to the local police, as Bob suggests? My Spanish is terrible...

e.g.

Señores,

Por favor, estoy buscando la dirección de mi suegro que creo vive en Gijon, pero su nombre no está en la guía de telefonos. Mi esposa no ha tenido contacto con él por 20 años, pero quisiéramos decir le que él tenga 2 nietas y preguntar si quiere restablecer el contacto. ¿Puede usted ayuda obtener su dirección o poner me en contacto con una organización que podría hacer? Su nombre es Jose Luis Montequin Rionda, el padre de Maria de Los Ángeles Montequin de la Vega (nacer a 1972-05-22) y yo encontró que su DNI es 10770888 y su matriculo del coche era O-7600-BW, en el año 2000. Esto pudo por supuesto haber cambiado.

Muchas gracias,

ETC.
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

Terechu would be better at this. I'm sure your message will be understood as it, but I'll make a few corrections below. I'm not a native speaker, so I could be wrong!

The first think I see is that I don't think it'd be normal to say "Por favor,...." Is that right, Terechu?

Second, I'd have your wife write it, because she's directly family. That may make a difference in their willingness to help you.

Señores,

Estoy buscando la dirección de mi padre que creo vive en Gijón, pero su nombre no está en la guía de teléfonos. No he tenido contacto con él hace veinte años, pero quisiéra decirle que él ya tiene dos nietas y preguntar si quiere restablecer contacto conmigo. ¿Me ayuda usted obtener su dirección o ponerme en contacto con una organización que podría hacerlo? Su nombre es José Luis Montequin Rionda. Yo, su hija, me llamo María de Los Ángeles Montequin de la Vega (nacido 22-05-1972) y sé que su DNI es 10770888 y su matriculo del coche era O-7600-BW en el año 2000. Esto pudo por supuesto haber cambiado.

Atentamente,
María de Los Ángeles Montequin de la Vega
Mafalda

Post by Mafalda »

Este Señor, parece que tenia un TAXI, ya que en Agosto/2001, segun el BOPA, se le concedió una subvención para la renovación del vehiculo.

Quizas una forma rápida de localizarle sea llamar a las dos empresas de radiotaxi de Gijon, pidiendoles que lo localicen en su base de datos...si son tan amables (¿que opinas, Terechu?).

Lo siguiente seria a traves del Registro Civil, ver si hay una segunda acta de matrimonio, otros hijos...si no tiene teléfono puede que este esté a nombre de su mujer.
----------------------------------------------
Transl. Terechu

It seems that this gentleman had a TAXI, as in August 2001, according to the BOPA, he was granted a subsidy for renewing his vehicle.
Maybe the fastest way to find him would be to call the two taxi cab companies operating in Gijón, asking them to look for him in their data base...if they are so kind (what do you think, Terechu?)
The other step would be to check the Civil Registry to see if there is a second marriage, other children...if he's got no telephone listed, it may be in his wife's name.
"Comienza tu día con una sonrisa, verás lo divertido que es ir por ahí desentonando con todo el mundo."
Mi amiguita Libertad ________Image
SSH

Post by SSH »

Muchas gracias mafalda, pero paginas amarillas dice cinco empresas de taxi en Gijon :( Y no hablo castellano bien. :oops:
Terechu

Post by Terechu »

I just called Gijón City Hall to see if you or your wife could get info from their census bureau and they said NO WAY! They do not give out personal info to third parties, only to the Police or a judge.

So, I definitely would say that Mafalda's suggestion is the quickest and most effective. The taxi companies in Gijón have a collective number
where you can call and ask, or if you prefer, you can write to them, so they can give your father-in-law the message:

Radio Taxi Villa de Jovellanos
C/ Oran 35
33210 Gijón-Asturias
+34-985-164-444

I would use the text suggested by Art, amended as follows:

Estimados señores:
Me llamo María de Los Ángeles Montequin de la Vega y estoy buscando la dirección de mi padre que vive en Gijón, pero su nombre no está en la guía de teléfonos. No he tenido contacto con él desde hace veinte años, pero quisiéra decirle que él ya tiene dos nietas y preguntar si quiere restablecer contacto conmigo. ¿Podrían ustedes darle esta comunicación? Se llama José Luis Montequin Rionda y su DNI es 10770888. En 2000 su matrícula de coche era O-7600-BW, pero esto pudo por supuesto haber cambiado.
Les agradezco de antemano su amabilidad y si precisan más información sobre mi persona estoy a su entera disposición.
Saludos cordiales
María de los Ángeles Montequín de la Vega
etc. (add your address and phone number)
Terechu

Post by Terechu »

[quote="Mafalda"]Quizas una forma rápida de localizarle sea llamar a las dos empresas de radiotaxi de Gijon, pidiendoles que lo localicen en su base de datos...si son tan amables (¿que opinas, Terechu?).

Totalmente de acuerdo, Mafalda. Va a ser la opción más rápida y menos complicada. Que Andrew y Mª Angeles dejen sus datos a Radiotaxi y que estos se los pasen al padre para que él decida.
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

¿Preguntar a Radiotaxi? Qué idea tan stupenda, Mafalda.

Gracias para correjir el mensaje, Terechu. Me interesa verlo con todos las cortesías, también.

----------------------

Ask the taxi companies? What a great idea, Mafalda.

Thanks for correcting the message, Terechu. I was interested in seeing all the courtesies, too.

Return to “Genealogy - Genealogía”