Videos about Asturias - Videos sobre Asturias

People, history, places, resources, & more.<br>
El pueblo, historia, lugares, recursos, & más.

Moderators: mariamatoyos, Moderators

Art
Site Admin

Videos about Asturias - Videos sobre Asturias

Post by Art »

José Luis, a member of the forum, is donating some videos about Asturias. (We'll put the titles here when we know them.)

When we're ready... if some member (who lives in the US) wants to borrow some of them, they can post a message in this thread.

Thanks, José Luis!

-----------------

José Luis, un socio del foro, está donando unos videos sobre Asturias. (Pondremos los títulos aquí cuando los sabemos.)

Cuando estamos listos... si algún socio (quien vive en los EE.UU.) quiere prestar algunos de estos, se puede poner una mensaje en este hilo.

¡Gracias a José Luis!
jose luis

TITULOS DE VIDIOS LA MIRADA DEL VIENTO

Post by jose luis »

1. El Principado desde el aire
2. La costa occidental: Vegadeo, Castropol, Tapia de Casariego, El Franco, Coaña, Navia, Valdes, Cudillero, Muros del Nalón, Soto del Barco
3. El Cabo Peñas, Castrillon, Avilés, Gozón, Carreño, Covera de Asturias
4. Gijón
5. La comarca de la sidra: Villaviciosa, Sariego, Cabranes, Bimenes, Nava, Piloña
6. La costa oriental: Colunga, Caravia, Ribadesella, Llanes, Ribadedeva
7. El occidente interior: San Tirso de Abres, Taramundi, Villanueva, Santa Eulalia, San Martín de Oscos, Illano, Villayon, Pesoz, Grandas de Salime, Ibias
8. La montaña occidental: Allande, Tineo, Belmonte de Miranda, Cangas del Narcea, Degaña, Somiedo
9. La huerta de asturias: Salas, Pravia, Candamo, Illas, Las Regeras, Grado
10. Oviedo
11. El centro de Asturias: Llanera, Noreña, Siero, Ribera de Arribe, Morcín, Riosa
12. Las Cuencas del Caudal y Nalon: Mieres, Langreo, San Martín del Rey Aurelio, Laviana
13. La montaña central: Yermes y Tameza, Proaza, Santo Adriano, Teverga, Quiros, Lena, Aller, Sobreescobio, Caso
14. Los Picos de Europa: Parres, Ponga, Amieva, Cangas de Onís, Onís, Cabrales, Peñamellera Alta y Baja

--------------------
trans. Art

1. The Principality from the air
2. The western coast: Vegadeo, Castropol, Tapia de Casariego, El Franco, Coaña, Navia, Valdes, Cudillero, Muros del Nalón, Soto del Barco
3. The Cabo Peñas, Castrillon, Avilés, Gozón, Carreño, Covera de Asturias
4. Gijón
5. The cider region: Villaviciosa, Sariego, Cabranes, Bimenes, Nava, Piloña
6. The eastern coast: Colunga, Caravia, Ribadesella, Llanes, Ribadedeva,
7. The western interior: San Tirso de Abres, Taramundi, Villanueva, Santa Eulalia, San Martín de Oscos, Illano, Villayon, Pesoz, Grandas de Salime, Ibias
8. The western mountains: Allande, Tineo, Belmonte de Miranda, Cangas de Narcea, Degaña, Somiedo
9. The garden [fertile] region of Asturias: Salas, Pravia, Candamo, Illas, Las Regeras, Grado
10. Oviedo
11. The center of Asturias: Llanera, Noreña, Siero, Ribera de Arribe, Morcín, Riosa
12. The river basins of the Caudal y Nalón: Mieres, Langreo, San Martín del Rey Aurelio, Laviana
13. The central mountains: Yermes y Tameza, Proaza, Santo Adriano, Teverga, Quiros, Lena, Aller, Sobreescobio, Caso
14. The Picos de Europa: Parres, Ponga, Amieva, Cangas de Onis, Onís, Cabrales, Peñamellera Alta y Baja
Eli

Post by Eli »

Cool! I’ll be the first to put my name down for ‘El Pricipado desde el aire’ and since I don’t know the geography of the area any other video that may contain the area between Sueza, Pontones and Hoz de Anero (Cantabria) a few kilometers east of Santander. You can see exactly were on this jpg http://tinyurl.com/n5vgn

----------------------

Que bacan! Sere el primero en poner mi nombre para ‘El Principado desde el aire’ y ya que no conosco la geographia del area cualquier otro video que pueda contener las areas entre Sueza, Pontones y Hoz de Anero (Cantabria) unos kilometros al este de Santander. Puedes ver exactamente donde en este jpg http://tinyurl.com/n5vgn
Rvega

Post by Rvega »

How wonderful ! I am wondering what format the videos are in ? (DVD -VHS)
I hope they will play in the US machines, DVD's are Region sensitive.

I will be the second one to request;
No. 1 - El Principado desde el aire
and also
No. 3 - El Cabo Peñas, Castrillon, Avilés, Gozón, Carreño, Covera de Asturias
and
No. 4 - Gijón
are of interest.

José Luis, how nice to offer these to the forum !

Many thanks,
Roberto
Terechu

Post by Terechu »

How generous of José Luis, considering the expense. I have some of those DVDS myself (I bought the ones that interested me specifically) and they are truly spectacular.
Two DVDs are dedicated exclusively to Gijón and Oviedo, the Avilés area has quite extensive footage as has the entire coast line and the more renowned mountains . If you're looking for a little village further inland, chances are you won't find it, though.

The series is called "La Mirada del viento" and some of them are already on eBay, so anyone wanting to buy the original with the book, can look it up. Right now they have the following available.

link to the item on ebay

Terechu
jose luis

VIDIOS

Post by jose luis »

Amigo art perdon por tutearate el socio de foro roberto esta interesado en ver los vidios de cabo de peñas y gijon pero no se como mandarlos

CREO QUE TERENCHU VIVE EN GIJON Y COMO MODERADORA SABRA COMO ENVIARLOS SE PUEDE PONER EN CONTACTO CONMIGO YA QUE YO VIVO EN OVIEDO

UN SALUDO
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

José Luis, no te preocupes... casi siempre tutear. (Voy a responder al resto por email.)

Terechu y José Luis, tienen esos DVDs una etiqueta que dice "Región 2" o algo parecido?

-----------------

José Luis, don't worry... I almost always use the informal forms. (I'll reply by email to the rest.)

Terechu y José Luis, do these DVDs have anything like "Region 2" marked on the case?
Terechu

Post by Terechu »

Art wrote:José Luis, no te preocupes... casi siempre tutear. (Voy a responder al resto por email.)

Terechu y José Luis, tienen esos DVDs una etiqueta que dice "Región 2" o algo parecido?

-----------------

José Luis, don't worry... I almost always use the informal forms. (I'll reply by email to the rest.)

Terechu y José Luis, do these DVDs have anything like "Region 2" marked on the case?
No, they don't, Art.
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

Gracias, Terechu. Si no está etiquetado es probable que no hay ningún problema. Quizás sólo la industria de cine use la sistema de regiones.

Bob quiere ser el bibliotecario de los videos.

José Luis, quieres enviar los videos a Bob? O quieres que primero averiguemos concluyentemente si funcionan aquí?

--------------

Thanks, Terechu. If there's no label, it's likely that there won't be any problem. Maybe the film industry is the only one that uses the regions system.

Bob wants to be the librarian for the movies.

José Luis, do you want to send the videos to Bob? Or do you want us to first test conclusively to be sure they'll work here?
Bob

Post by Bob »

I just talked to our media technology people. They cannot change the region of DVD's (although I know that there is hacker software out there that can do it, or at lkeast change it to region 0, which wilol play anywhere), and they can't change from European to American format (PAL to NTSC) on DVD's, although they can do it for tapes. Of course, the university sticks to the strictly legal.

Maybe I could copy the DVD's to VHS and then have them converted by our media technology department, unless there is a region problem (which seems to come mostly from the major movie studios). I could then copy the revised VHS to DVD. I know I can record from VHS to DVD, but donlt know about recording in the other direction. I'll check the manual. Like everyone else, most of my electronics have features I've never had occasion to use.

I marvel that in these days of global economy there are so many barriers to the free exchange of material and ideas (even if bought and paid for totally legally).
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

That's good to know, Bob.

I've sent Bob's address to José Luis so he can mail the DVDs to Bob, who will be our librarian. We'll publish some guidelines (how to pay for postage, etc.) when we're ready to roll.

Thanks, José Luis! This is obviously a popular idea.

----------------------

Está bien saber esto, Bob.

He enviado la dirección de Bob a José Luis para que él puede enviar los DVDs a Bob, quien será nuestro bibliotecario. Publicaremos algunas pautas (como pagar por el franqueo, etc.) cuando estamos listos a rodar.

¡Gracias, José Luis! Es obviamente una idea popular.
Bob

Post by Bob »

I also wrote to him to send him my address.

Bob
Bob

Post by Bob »

We're now up an running with the DVDs so generously donated by José Luís!

I bought a DVD burner so I could make backup copies (I have had two Netflix DVDs arrive cracked in the last year) because I didn't want to risk losing these treasures by sending out the only copies in my possession. In keeping with copyright law and fair use doctrine, however, I can send out only one copy at a time. Your sending me your mailing address will constitute your agreement not to make illegal copies of the discs.

The DVDs are narrated in castellano, but the voices are not rushed and they are quite easy to understand even if castellano is a learned language for you as it is for me. Its slow and clear enough that I was was even able to give my wife a simultanous translation when she watched the DVDs with me. Even if you understand no castellano at all, the photography is still worth viewing.

The DVDs are in European PAL format, not the NTSC format that is standard in the US (different number of frames per second and resolutions), so while they will not play on stand alone DVD players bought in the US, they will play very nicely on computer DVD players. There is no regional coding, so they will play in any country.

Essentially, you will need a DVD player in your computer to view them. Our Sony and Panasonic stand alone DVD players will not play them at all.

If you have previously request a DVD to view, please send me your physical mailing address through the email or private message sections of the website. When your borrowed DVD arrives, it will be accompanied by my return mailing address. I ask that everyone enjoy them but return them promptly so we can keep the library going. Unless the postage gets out of hand, I won't put anyone through the hassle of paying for it. It is my pleasure to share these treasures with our friends on the website. I do, however, ask that you pay your own return postage.
Bob

Post by Bob »

The photography in the DVDs is magnificent. In the ones I have seen so far, the cinematographers generally work their way from west to east within the area in question. The narration - in castellano - is shared between a man and a woman, both with clear accents (at least to my ears) and are quite easy to understand. Even, if you understand no Spanish whatsoever, the DVDs are still well worth watching.

My one criticism is trhat the background music can get a little tedious at times, but that is a minor flaw.

If you have never been to Asturias, the DVDs will probably convince you to make the trip. There are few places on earth that hold such a wealth of natural beauty, such a varied landscape, and such a rich history within such a small area.

Website members who wish to borrow a DVD should send their physical mailing address to me by email or private message through the website. Neither I nor any of the others responsible for the website (Art, Suronda, Terechu) will use your mailing information for any purpose other than lending you a DVD. Please do NOT post your mailing address in public areas of the forum. There are harvesting robots that search for such information and will flood your mailbox with unwanted material. Please do specify which DVD you want to borrow, and return it promptly so that others can borrow it.

Once again, please note that if you live in the EEUU (US) you will need a DVD player in your computer rather than a stand-alone DVD player to view the discs. I have a good supply of stamps and mailing envelopes, so please send in your requests.

If you live in the EEUU, it will cost you approximately $1.75 to return each DVD to me. That's much cheaper than renting a DVD at Blockbuster. There is no need to worry about my mailing cost for now. It is my pleasure to share José Luís's generous gift with our members.

Return to “About Asturias - Sobre Asturies”