DVDs of Asturias

Moderator: Moderators

Bob

DVDs of Asturias

Post by Bob »

We're now up an running with the DVDs so generously donated by José Luís!

I bought a DVD burner so I could make backup copies (I have had two Netflix DVDs arrive cracked in the last year) because I didn't want to risk losing these treasures by sending out the only copies in my possession. In keeping with copyright law and fair use doctrine, however, I can send out only one copy at a time. Your sending me your mailing address will constitute your agreement not to make illegal copies of the discs.

The DVDs are narrated in castellano, but the voices are not rushed and they are quite easy to understand even if castellano is a learned language for you as it is for me. Its slow and clear enough that I was was even able to give my wife a simultanous translation when she watched the DVDs with me. Even if you understand no castellano at all, the photography is still worth viewing.

The DVDs are in European PAL format, not the NTSC format that is standard in the US (different number of frames per second and resolutions), so while they will not play on stand alone DVD players bought in the US, they will play very nicely on computer DVD players. There is no regional coding, so they will play in any country.

Essentially, you will need a DVD player in your computer to view them. Our Sony and Panasonic stand alone DVD players will not play them at all.

If you have previously requested a DVD to view, please send me your physical mailing address through the email or private message sections of the website. When your borrowed DVD arrives, it will be accompanied by my return mailing address. I ask that everyone enjoy them but return them promptly so we can keep the library going. Unless the postage gets out of hand, I won't put anyone through the hassle of paying for it. It is my pleasure to share these treasures with our friends on the website. I do, however, ask that you pay your own return postage.

Once your have viewed a DVD, please post your impressions of it in the forum for the benefit of others.

This is the thread where we're discussing the DVDs:
http://www.asturianus.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1335

Return to “Please read - Por favor leer”