Asturies Radio.com

People, history, places, resources, & more.<br>
El pueblo, historia, lugares, recursos, & más.

Moderators: mariamatoyos, Moderators

Peter

Asturies Radio.com

Post by Peter »

Forgive me if this has been posted before. I just discovered Asturies Radio.com. Tap the lik below and you'll get access to 5 stations from Asturies. My favorite is the folk. Seems to be essentially all music, all the time.

http://radio.asturies.com
Xose

Post by Xose »

Cool link! Thanks for that!

----------------

¡Qué guay! !Muchas gracias!
Peter

Post by Peter »

de nada
Eli

Post by Eli »

Pretty good link, the music there reminds me a lot of some of the ancient music from Iberia I’ve collected over the years. Hold it! It is ancient music! Ha ha I have at least one of those songs from Asturias in a CD ‘Adios a la mia vaca pinta’ lol I was like man alive! They are listening to the same stuff folks listened to 600 years ago... :-)
Bob

Post by Bob »

I love music with a history. What survives has obviously appealed to many people over many years. And the evolution of music and lyrics is itself a very interesting topic.

In the early 1960's (just after the dinosaurs died out) I was a member of a semi-professional folk group in western New York. We didn't make a lot of money, but we had a lot of fun. I like to think that some people in our audiences still remember some of the songs. We sang mostly music from the British Isles, American folk, satirical music, and a few songs in Spanish or French, including one from the guerra civil period.

By default (no one else was willing to do it) I did the introductions, which evolved into a bit of stand-up comedy. If it were not for this experience, I would never have even thought about becoming an academic and lecturing to university classes. I'm basically quiet and shy, but this experience taught me that I love to perform. In a very real way, being a member of a folk group led to my 34 plus years as a university professor. I'm still going strong.
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

What is a great link! Thanks, Peter. This appears to be a service of asturies.com. Just so others will know what can be found there, here's a current listing of the channels available.
-------------
¡Qué enlace tan estupendo! Gracias a Peter. Parece ser un servicio de asturies.com. Para que otros saben lo que hay allí, aquí pongo una lista actual de los canales disponibles.

Radio Un: Música y cultura en llingua asturiana
Radio One: Music and culture in the Asturian language
rtsp://212.89.1.8/broadcast/asturiescomcanalhh.rm

Tonada asturiana
Traditional Asturian vocal singing
rtsp://212.89.1.8/broadcast/asturiescomcanaltonada.rm

Folk asturiano
Asturian folk
rtsp://212.89.1.8/broadcast/asturiescomcanalfolk.rm

Indie: Música independiente fecho n'Asturies
Indie: Independent music made in Asturias
rtsp://212.89.1.8/broadcast/asturiescomindependiente.rm