Parroquia Santiago de Boal

Researching our ancestors in Asturias & America.<br>
Investigando nuestros antepasados en Asturias y America

Moderators: svgev, Maria Garcia Alvarez, Moderators

Frank

Parroquia Santiago de Boal

Post by Frank »

Greetings

I would like to know if someone has the address to the Parroquia Santiago in Boal. I was told that the French burned the church records during their occupation and that only the books of birth, marriages and death are available after 1800. My research would then be paralyzed since I need a baptism from arround 1790. This was told to a Mormon that was doing research there or wanted to. So I don't know if that was a religious rejection or true facts. When I do write to them is there something that I should be aware of to receive a response besides writing in Spanish ie, send money in dollars or euros? Maybe I need to contract someone to go there in my behalf.

Muy agradecido por contestar mi email.

Frank
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Ésta es la dirección postal:

Parroquia de Santiago de Boal
33720 BOAL
Asturias (Spain)

Teléfono 00.34.985.62.01.86

Párroco: D. José Vicente Iglesias Bango

En principio, los datos que solicitas, si se pueden encontrar, son gratuitos. Que después tú consideres apropiado hacer un donativo o no, eso es aparte.

Con respecto a la otra cosa que mencionas, ignoro si concretamente esta iglesia fue quemada y reconstruida o no en la época de "La Francesada", pero podría ser cierto: por esa zona hubo combates entre las tropas asturianas y las francesas.

También es cierto que la Iglesia Católica suele negarse a entregar datos a los mormones en España. Pero tampoco es necesario que declares tus creencias, sean cuales sean, simplemente di que estás buscando datos sobre un antepasado tuyo, y es suficiente.

Te recomendaría escribir en el sobre:

"Parroquia de Santiago de Boal"
(A la atención del señor párroco)

Un saludo.
Loredo

Post by Loredo »

Frank,

According to the archives' guide of Asturias parishes, there are books available in the Santiago de Boal parish since:
- 1590 for baptisms
- 1728 for marriages
- 1710 for deaths

However, you should keep in mind that the fact they have a book starting in 1590 does not guarantee that the book for 1790 is available. Maybe that during the French invasion the book you are looking for was distroyed and some older books survived. Nevertheless, you should contact the parish, as Carlos suggested, because the books are in the parish (as of 2000).

Good luck in your search and Best Regards.

Return to “Genealogy - Genealogía”