Book - Nobleza de Asturias

Researching our ancestors in Asturias & America.<br>
Investigando nuestros antepasados en Asturias y America

Moderators: svgev, Maria Garcia Alvarez, Moderators

Frank

Book - Nobleza de Asturias

Post by Frank »

This book is a research that the Marques de Ciadoncha had done in the Archives in Asturias. I'm not sure when, I understood that the building burned during the civil war. The book does have a date of 1945. Evidently there were some very interesting files relating to the genealogy of the people listed in the archive. What this list does have is the person's name where he was born- n. (natural) where he lived - v. (vecino) and his family origen - O. (origen). Other entries are year, sometimes parents name and what cofuses me is the four last names. I don't know if they are their grandparents or what. The following is an excerpt that maybe someone will understand better than I.

Huerta, Nosti, Huerta y Lago (Jose). v. Collado n. Lledes. o. Cabranes.
15 sep. 1824 (Siero, Leg. 114)

The book I'm refering to is:

Nobleza de Asturias
Hidalguias de su audiencia y ayuntamientos
por el Dr. Jose De Rujula y de Ochotorena
Madrid 1945

I photocopied the pages for surnames Huerta - Infiesta, Fernandez del Real - Fernandez Rio Pedre, Insula - Lanza. If you have a look up request
please feel free to post. This book is available in the US through interlibrary loan to your local library, cost $2.00-$5.00.

Saludos de San Ramon,

Frank Lago

PD Aprecio mucho las respuestas que han montado sobre mi pedidas. Muy agradecido
Eli

Post by Eli »

Hi Frank,

It could be that they are listing both paternal and maternal last names. Why don't you post one of the scanned pages so that we can see and get a better idea of what you are talking about.

Elí
Frank

Scanned documents

Post by Frank »

I scanned the pages and title page of what I have into a single PDF file. the this web group doesnt accept pictures sent directly to it. I don't have the slightest idea how to upload this file. I can also scan as a .jpg or bitmap since the pages are in black and white. What I could do is email the file directly to someone that can mount it. Otherwise I don't have a web page to send it to.

Frank
Eli

Post by Eli »

Check your e-mail on this forum, I'll send you my e-mail so that you can send me that.

If I can't figure it out I'll post a link to it as a gif so that others can see it.
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

Actually we're testing a new feature that allows you to upload images.

Look directly beneath the message box for the link: "Add image to post" and follow the simple instructions.

-----------------

En realidad estamos probando un nuevo caracteristica que te permite añadir imágenes a tus mensajes.

Mira directamente abajo el caje por el mensaje para el eslabón: "Añadir Imagen al Mensaje" y sigue las instrucciones simples.
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

By the way, to send another member an email, all you have to do is click on the "Email" button beneath one of their messages.

------------------

A proposito, si quieres enviar un correo electrónico a otro socio, sólo tienes que haz click sobre el botón "Email" que existe abajo de sus mensajes.
Eli

Post by Eli »

Hey Frank, yup it appears that I was right, those are likely the last names of the grandfathers. So that others can correct what I’m saying in case I’m mistaken I’ll include the pages you sent, below them a description of the same type of info from a similar book n=natural etc. and below that how it is used. This other book was written in collaboration with El Marques de Ciadoncha, in fact he wrote the prologue so I think it is fair to say that it follows the same pattern.

If you look at the last one it says:

Ajamil y Beltran (Juan y Pruden-
cio de) vs de Cenzano, aldea de
Jubera, hijos de Francisco y Ana
nietos de Francisco y Felipa de
Viguera, todos vs. id.

So that standard is listing the person, then the parents followed by the grandparents. So if you were to apply that to Huerta you would read that as

Francisco Huerta y Naves vecino de Tudela natural y originario de Bendones hijo de Naves y Suares

Hope that helps.

the pages you sent

T.Arguelles

Look up

Post by T.Arguelles »

Could you look up Jose Arguelles married to Babina Muñiz in there? They lived in Sama de Langreo, don't know where they were born though. Children were Jose, Faustino, Pilar, Amada and Celestino.
Thank you.
Oviedo, Gijon, Sama de Langreo: Argüelles, Muñiz

Return to “Genealogy - Genealogía”