California

If you can't figure out where else to post, say it here.<br>
Si no sabes dónde poner tu tema, pongalo aquí.

Moderator: Moderators

Barbara Alonso Novellino

California

Post by Barbara Alonso Novellino »

For those of you who live in California what a great place to live...

I just returned from El Segundo, California...I have to say that the weather there was delightful...warm days and cool nights.

While waiting at JFK for our flight I was sitting next to a young woman. She was a Flight Attendant going to DC to work. I am not sure how the conversation turned to Spain...but, she told me that she lived in Spain for a year studying Spanish. I asked her where she lived at that time. Expecting her to say Madrid or another large city she told me that she stayed at a town in the North. It turned out to be Oviedo in Asturias. I was surprised and told her I was familar with Oviedo...that my family were from Asturias. She said she really liked living there and learned a lot. What a small world!

I went to El Segundo with my husband, daughter and grandaughter. My Grandaughter went to Ice Skating Camp at the Toyota Sports Center. She trained for the week with Christa Fassi an Olympic Coach...it was a great experience for us all.

Even though the camp was 5 days we were able to do some sightseeing. We saw all the usual Tourist spots. I especially liked Beverly Hills and Rodeo Drive. I hope someday to return to California for a more extensive stay.

Barbara
Xose

Post by Xose »

I really like L.A. to visit. Not sure if I'd want to live there, but the Sunset Strip is worth the price of admission alone. Very cool, and we always stay at this super cool ubermodern hotel called The Standard. I miss being able to go there on a whim, like we used to when I lived in S.F.

Glad you had fun!
Eli

Post by Eli »

Cool beans, sounds like you had some fun. Although I've never been there, California ranks among my top ten places to live in the States. The only thing I don't like about the concept of living there (now) is that we have undisputable proof that the San Andreas fault produces a massive quake (8.5 or greater) about every 300 years, and it's been over 300 years since the last cataclism... just don't wanna be around when it happens you know... kinda like living on the slopes of Mt. Vesuvius in 70 AD.

After the cataclism though, I'll consider the possibility because we know we have a couple of centuries in the clear.... ;-)

Return to “General Discussion - Discusión general”