Bollinas

Flan, rice pudding, sweets, fruit, etc.<br>
Flan, arroz con leche, dulces, frutas, etc.

Moderators: almudena, Moderators

Vince Carril

Bollinas

Post by Vince Carril »

I only registered today and am told cannot email. I also make Bollinas, but often have difficulty keeping them from coming open in the oil. When they do not come open it is because I have worked extra hard in folding the edge over, using a fork to lock the edge, and then turning the edge again. Is there some special way, or perhaps something in the dough that is the problem? Or have you sometimes had the problem?
Bob

Post by Bob »

I wipe the edge of the square of dough with the filling on it by usuing a finger dipped in water, then bond the edges with a fork. The wet edges stick together better than dry ones. Also, when sealing the bollinas, squeeze out as much air as possible so it wonlt expand in the hot oil and pop them open.
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

Wow, Bob, you really are a good cook! These little tricks are great.

Hi, Vince. We have had trouble with new "members" spamming the real members. Now we require that members make so many posts before we permit messaging to other members. It's easy to differentiate the spammers because most spammers write inane posts. Besides, if you hadn't asked your question here, the rest of us wouldn't have learned a good technique!

--------------

¡Vaya, Bob, de verdad eres un buen cocinero! Este pequeño truco es fantástico.

Hola, Vince. Hemos pasados apuros con algunos "miembros" nuevos quienes enviaron spam a otros miembros verdaderos. Ahora requerimos que los miembros hagan unos postes antes de que les permitamos enviar mensajes a otros miembros. Es fácil discriminar los spammers porque la mayoría de los spammers escriben postes necios. ¡Además, si no hubieras hecho tu pregunta aquí, nostros los demás no habría aprendido una buena técnica!

Return to “Desserts - Postres”