The Colour of Asturias by Claudio Magris

Poetry, novels, essays, etc.<br>
Poesía, novelas, ensayos, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Terechu

Post by Terechu »

Today's edition of El Pais publishes a wonderful praise of Asturias by Italian writer and Prince of Asturias Prize winner Claudio Magris.
(For instant translation click right mouse button, go to "Page Info" and select "Translate into English")
http://www.elpais.es/articulo/portada/c ... por_4/Tes/

---------------------------------------------------

El País de hoy publica esta preciosa loa a Asturias del escritor italiano y premio Ppe.Asturias de Literatura, Claudio Magris. No os la perdáis.

http://www.elpais.es/articulo/portada/c ... por_4/Tes/
Betty

Post by Betty »

Terechu ,
Thank you for posting this article. I am very interested in reading it. I was unable to get a translation. Perhaps I am doing something wrong.
Is there a link within the article to translate it? When I "right click" I do not receive a choice of "Page Info" so I believe I am not doing something correctly. This article is especially interesting since we leave for Asturias this Friday for 12 days! The postings in the cuisine thread have made me so hungry, I can hardly wait! Thank you for any help or advice in translating this article.
Betty Vega Fockler
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

I was not able to get Terechu's method to work either. The translate option simply isn't there. It may be an add-on feature.

You can translate any page with http://translate.google.com

The page you want to see is here.
Bob

Post by Bob »

I never use the "translate page into English" feature, but it is the second choice from the botton if you right click on the page to be translated. Be sure to click on the actual text and not on a graphic or ad. On the computer I just checked this out on, I run Windows 98SE and Internet Explorer 6.0. The translation has the usual characteristics and faults of machine translation, but it at least allows one to read the gist of the article.
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

Oops! Good point, Bob. I'm using FireFox instead of IE. I see that this translation feature is in my copy of IE 7.0, too.
Betty

Color of Asturias

Post by Betty »

Art, thank you for the link to the English version. I was able to receive the article. I did right click on the text with no luck. I have Windows XP. Betty

Return to “Literature - Literatura”