Fotos de Nicolás Muller

2-D & 3-D disciplines: painting, sculpture, ceramics, printmaking, jewelry, etc.<br>
Disciplinas bidimensional y tridimensional: pintura, escultura, cerámica, grabado, alhajas, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Terechu

Fotos de Nicolás Muller

Post by Terechu »

Today's LNE publishes an article on Hungarian-born (and Asturian by choice) photographer Nicolás Muller, whose work is currently being exhibited in Spain's Embassy in Budapest. His life has been that of many European jews, who were so brilliant, that despite being forced into leading a restless life, managed to shine throughout. Even from the tiny out-of-the-way village of Andrín (county Llanes, Asturias), his place of retirement, he succeeded in creating a powerful graphic heritage for all of us.

Unfortunately, and this is a sign of the times (Zeitgeist :lol: ), if you google his name, you will find hundreds of references on some Swiss youngster who's great at performing breakneck acrobatics on a snowboard. :roll:

I only found this collection of 16 photographs, all of them depicting human loneliness in my opinion, even my favourite: the school girls playing ring-a-ring-of roses in the vast sunburnt fields of Castille, so playful and yet so forlorn, and of course the lonely fisherman in Cudillero (Photo 9) and the untitled photo 10, which shows a group of stern villagers in the portal of a chapel somewhere in Spain.

Nicolás Muller is buried in Andrín, Llanes.

http://www.colectania.es/colec/laColecD ... =M&lang=EN
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

Those are interesting photos. And it's not that long ago!

---------------

Son fotos muy interesantes. ¡Y no hace mucho tiempo!

Return to “Visual Art - Artes visuales”