The Way of St. James - el Camino del norte

Restaurants, sights, lodging, festivals, etc.<br>
Restaurantes, lugares de interés, alojamiento, fiestas, etc.
Terechu

The Way of St. James - el Camino del norte

Post by Terechu »

If you ever thought of going the Way of St. James on foot, from wherever, be reminded that the primitive route was the northern one, through Asturias.
Here's a web site full of pictures taken by a true pilgrim (not a sponsored agency) on the Northern Way. Asturias is covered in Stages 24 (La Franca) through 37 (La Caridad)s.

http://www.santiago-compostela.net/cdn/ ... dn_en.html
--------------------------------------------------

Si algún día pensásteis en hacer el Camino de Santiago a pie desde donde sea, recordad que la ruta primitiva era la del norte, a través de Asturias.
Aquí tenéis un enlace lleno de fotos hechas por un peregrino auténtico (no una agencia patronicinada) en el Camino del Norte. Asturias va desde la etapa 24 (La Franca) hasta la 37 (La Caridad)
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

In fact, I have, Terechu! One of my dreams has been to walk the Asturian part of the Way of Saint James. I sometimes wonder if other Asturian-Americans would want to join me on that trip. Anyone interested?

-----------------

¡De hecho, lo he pensado, Terechu! Uno de mis sueños ha sido caminar la trozo asturiano del Camino de Santiago. Me pregunto a veces si otros astur-americanos desearían acompañarme en ese viaje. ¿Está cualquier persona interesado?
Terechu

Post by Terechu »

Art, you just come on over and I'm sure somebody will walk with you along part of the way. Who knows, you might even find yourself in prominent company (i.e. Shirley McLaine, Jenna Bush or the entire Austrian Royal family have done it incognito lately).
I might be able to make the stage from Piñeres de Pria to Ribadesella, invite you and JoAnne to some "pantrucu" with french fries and a bottle of cider in any of Ribadesella's traditional and less fashionable bars (chigres) and then see you off at the bridge that spans the Sella River.
By the way, pantrucu is loaf of corn meal, blood and onions, from which patties are cut and fried in oil. It tastes soooo good!
-------------------------------------------------------------

Art, tú ven y ya está. Estoy segura de que alguien hará parte del camino contigo. Quién sabe, puede que hasta te encuentres con compañeros de camino famosos (por ejemplo Shirtley McLaine, Jenna Bush y la familia real austriaca al completo lo hicieron de incógnito hace poco).
Yo igual podría hacer la etapa de Piñeres de Pria a Ribadesella para luego invitaros a tí y JoAnne a un poco de pantrucu con patates frites y una botella de sidra en algún chigre de los de toda la vida, y luego te despediríamos en el puente del Sella.
Por cierto el pantrucu se hace amasando harina de maiz, sangre y cebolla y luego se corta en rodajas y se fríe en aceite. Sabe taaaaaaaaan bien...!
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

Alright! I'll take you up on that offer! I've never eaten pantrucu. Sounds interesting.

Now... when is the question....

-------------

¡Muy bien! ¡Te aceptaré la oferta! Nunca he comida pantrucu. Me parece interesante.

Pues… cuando es la pregunta….

Return to “Travel - Viajar”