Rua surname, Aviles/Asturias

Researching our ancestors in Asturias & America.<br>
Investigando nuestros antepasados en Asturias y America

Moderators: svgev, Maria Garcia Alvarez, Moderators

Bob

Paginas Blancas

Post by Bob »

Gijones,

Thanks for the information. The link that I had originally posted for Paginas Blancas was based the the series of links that my ISP provides (I have to go to Paginas Amarillas first via that route.). When I clicked on your link, I got the following message: "LA PÁGINA SOLICITADA NO EXISTE". When I modified your link to http://www.paginas-blancas.net it worked fine. If you would test this modified link to see if it works from your ISP too, I can correct all of the earlier posts by inserting the correct link (with proper attribution of credit) in each post.

Thanks very much,
Muchas gracias,
Munches gracies,

Bob Martinez
ceciclem

I'm a Rua

Post by ceciclem »

I just wanted to post very briefly to say that my mother's maiden name is Rua and I was Cecilia Josefina Suarez Rua before coming to the states in 79. As far as I know, however, none of my maternal grandfather's family immigrated to the US. I too have also understood that Rua meant "street".

I'm very slow to post around here because I have very little contact with my family in Spain (sadly) and the information my mom has is somewhat vague and a little unreliable at times. :oops:

I will try to post more as I come across more concrete facts as I don't want to be the source of any misinformation.

Ceci

Return to “Genealogy - Genealogía”