FAQFAQ          SearchSearch          MemberlistMemberlist          UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile          Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages          Log inLog in          
Gabriel García Márquez

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Asturian-American Migration Forum Index -> Visual Art - Artes visuales
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:35 am    Post subject: Gabriel García Márquez Reply with quote

An interesting photo of Nobel winnign Colombian writer Gabriel García Márquez sporting a black eye, supposedly from an altercation with Peruvian writer Mario Vargas Llosa.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/29/books/29marq.html?th&emc=th

You may have to register to see the photo and the article, but registration is free and will give you access to most of the NY Times articles. I'm a big fan of García Márquez' writing, and have often used his short story "A very old man with enormous wings" in my class Evolution in Biololgy and Literature.
Terechu

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the link, Bob. I remember seeing that picture and reading about the incident with Vargas Llosa some 30 years ago. Both of them were world famous already and it was quite a story.
I read "One hundred years of solitude" in 1973 for the first time, and have re-read it about 10 times since. It has lost none of its magic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Asturian-American Migration Forum Index -> Visual Art - Artes visuales All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: