Asturian Poets

Poetry, novels, essays, etc.<br>
Poesía, novelas, ensayos, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Art
Site Admin

Asturian Poets

Post by Art »

[Art: This is a question from Deborah Harki, Suronda's high school Spanish teacher. Debbie's grandparents, who lived in Spelter, were Garcias with the nickname "Raposo."]

I am subbing [working as a substitute teacher] for Karla Smith for the next 6 weeks.... She has begun a chapter of the national Spanish Honor Society and chose the chapter name as "Asturias."

I will be doing the ceremony for her this year. .... A portion of the ceremony has part of a poem called "Excelsior" which is kind of lame. The manual says that another selection can be substituted. So my question is: Do you know of any Asturian poets that might have a selection (a verse or two) that I could use.

-----------------------
trans. Art

[Art: Ésta pregunta viene de Deborah Harki, profesora del español del colegio secundaria (high school) de Suronda. Los abuelos de Debbie, que vivieron en Spelter, eran Garcias con el apodo "Raposo."]

Soy "subbing" [que trabaja como profesor substituto] para Karla Smith para las 6 semanas próximas…. Ella ha comenzado una sección de la Sociedad Nacional del Honor Española y eligió el nombre de sección de "Asturias."

Haré la ceremonia por ella este año. …. Una porción de la ceremonia tiene un trozo de un poema llamado las "Excelsior" que es un poco tonto. El manual dice que se puede puede substituir otra selección. Mi pregunta es así: ¿Sabes de cualquier poeta asturiana/o que pudiera tener una selección (un verso o dos) que podría utilizar?
is

Bello, Garcia, Piñan

Post by is »

I'd suggest Xuan Bello, Anton Garcia or Berta Piñan, although others might suggest different people. All three of them write in Asturian, although Berta Piñan is often found translated into Spanish.

You can google any of these poets; if you do a search with the word 'poesia' you'll get better hits.

Here is a page for Xuan Bello with the poem that Pilar Fernandez read to us in New York ('Paniceiros'), a kind of elegiac piece about his childhood village in the county of Tineu, western Asturias.

http://www.araz.net/escritores/bello.htm

From the same page, here is a bio and bibliography for Berta Piñan (Cangues d'Onis), as well as samples from poems:

http://www.araz.net/escritores/pinan.htm

And here is one for Anton Garcia, also from the county of Tineu (Tuña) with a bunch of beautiful haiku-type poems. Garcia uses West Asturian in some of these poems, though, and it might be difficult for you to pronounce.

http://www.araz.net/escritores/garcia.htm
Terechu

Post by Terechu »

I only know the "old" ones of the 19th Century, two from county Llanes, who wrote in Eastern Asturian or bable oriental:

Pepín de Pría
Amable González-Abín

and two from the central area:

Pachín de Melás
Antón de Mari Reguera
Bob

Post by Bob »

If I'm not mistaken, Antón de Mari Reguera (Antón de Marireguera, about 1605- 1666 or so) wrote one of the first extant literary works n'asturianu.

In any event, if anyone has a link to Asturian poetry, please post it on the website. Poetry, in my view, is the very soul of language.
Ildefonso Noriega

Post by Ildefonso Noriega »

Otras poetisas , Josefa de Jove-Llanos, Hermana de Jovellanos, casada con José de Argandona, diputado en cortes , vivió en el palacio de coviella, concejo de Cangas de Onis.
Eulalia Llanos Noriega, su hermana Luisa de llanos Noriega - Gijón,, Antonina Cortes Llanos - Cangas de Onis.

La Estrella de Enol, preciosa poesía que debierais de leer. de Antonina Cortes.
Consultar Revista Peña Santa nº 3, del grupo de Montaña Peña Santa.

Las Emigradas de Orrial de Luisa Llanos.

Return to “Literature - Literatura”