Fuero de Avilés - Avilés Law Code

News about books, recordings, films, etc. related to Asturias.<br>
Noticias acerca de libros, discos, películas, etc. relacionados con Asturies.

Moderator: Moderators

Carlos

Fuero de Avilés - Avilés Law Code

Post by Carlos »

Título: EL FUERO DE AVILÉS
Autor: Aureliano Fernández-Guerra y Orbe
Editor: Academia de la Llingua Asturiana, Uvieu, 1991
ISBN: 84-86936-57-8
Aprox. 200 páginas. Precio: 7€

Nivel de dificultad de lectura: medio (requiere dominio de la lengua española y/o asturiana)

Categoría: Lingüística

Edición facsímil de la obra original publicada por primera vez en Madrid en 1865. La parte ensayística y comentarios del autor están redactados en español, y una pequeña introducción en asturiano. Naturalmente, el propio texto del Fuero está en un asturiano muy arcaico. Se trata de un compendio del régimen jurídico especial otorgado por el rey Alfonso VII muy probablemente en 1155. De interés doble, histórico y lingüístico.

----------------------------------
Translated by Bob

Título: EL FUERO DE AVILÉS
Autor: Aureliano Fernández-Guerra y Orbe
Editor: Academia de la Llingua Asturiana, Uvieu, 1991
ISBN: 84-86936-57-8
Aprox. 200 pges. Price: 7€

Level of reading difficulty, medium (requires a good knowledge of the Spanish language and/or Asturian)

Categoría: Linguistics

A facsimile edition of the work originally published in Madrid in 1865. The essays and commentary of the author are written in Spanish, with a short introduction in Asturian. As you would expect, the actual text of the Fuero is in very old Asturian. It deals with a compendium of special legal privileges [granted to Avilés] by King Alfonso VII, from about 1155. It is of interest both from a linguistic and an historical point of view.
Bob

Post by Bob »

Gracias, Carlos. I have been looking for the text of the original fuero for some time (the evolution of language is a topic of great interest to me). I'm going to order a copy for myself later today.

Bob
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Bob, I know you are interested in language evolution, see other reviews on books.

PD: Thank you very much for the translation 8)
is

Post by is »

Could either of you post some transcribed excerpts from the Fuero d'Aviles? I've heard, and correct me if I'm wrong, that there are also Provençal influences in the document. How did they come about?
Bob

Post by Bob »

Is, as soon as I have a copy of the actual document, I would be happy to post some of it, but that will take a while. It would be interesting to see your take on it, given your fluency in western asturianu.

Return to “Review/Recommendation - Crítica/recomendación”