Première of documentary film AsturianUS in Charleston WV

Visual arts with movement over time: film, video, etc.<br>
Artes visuales con movimiento que dura un periódo de tiempo: cine, video, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Luis Argeo

Première of documentary film AsturianUS in Charleston WV

Post by Luis Argeo »

Hi everybody,
I am happy to announce the première of our documentary film AsturianUS in USA. The West Virginia Labor History Association will show the film during its Film Night in Charleston (WV), next May the 12th. I do not remember the hour, but I think it will be at 7 pm.
AsturianUS will share the screen with another documentary film, The Battle of Local 5668, by Shawn Bennett.

Hope to see you all there. I will try to be there.
Sincerely yours,
Luis Argeo
Terechu

Post by Terechu »

Felicidades, Luis! Seguro que irán todos y será un gran éxito.

Congratulations, Luis! I'm sure that everybody will attend and that it's going to be a hit.
Luis Argeo

Post by Luis Argeo »

The film night will be at The Historic La Belle Theater (311 D Street, South Charleston, WV). I still do not know the hour, 7 pm I guess...
You can call at Tel. 304 744 9711 and ask for it.
Mafalda

felicidades

Post by Mafalda »

:wink: felicidades a los impacientes, ya veis que todo llega, espero que lo disfruteis tanto como nosotros aqui en España.
Uno de los que aparecen en la parte asturiana del reportaje es Julio "el de Calalo", y su esposa, él es sobrino carnal de Oliva Gonzalez Garcia (esposa de Jose Menendez) padres de Fernando Menendez "el Bananas", aunque él es muy mayor y está enfermo, quizas alguno de sus hijos o nietos sientan interés, si alguien puede contactar con ellos, espero que se lo digais.
Es una de las escenas mas tiernas del reportaje, Julio cuenta algunas anecdotas, mientras ella, (su esposa, que tambien tiene parientes en WV), revisa fotos antiguas y comenta apenada que ya se ha perdido todo, los que quedan son muy mayores, y los jovenes ya no saben hablar español, no nos entendemos...
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Transl. Terechu

Congratulations to those who waited impatiently, as you see, everything comes in due time. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did here in Spain.
One of those featured in the Asturian part of the film is Julio "el de Calalo" and his wife. He is a nephew of Oliva González García (wife of José Menéndez), parents of Fernando Menendez "el Bananas", although he is very old now and ill, maybe some of his children or grandchildren might be interested. Anyone able to contact them, please do so and tell them about it

One of the most moving scenes of the film is the one of Julio telling some anecdotes while his wife (who also has relatives in WV) goes through old photos and sadly comments that everything hs been lost, that those who still remain are old and that the young ones no longer speak Spanish, we don't understand eachother...
"Comienza tu día con una sonrisa, verás lo divertido que es ir por ahí desentonando con todo el mundo."
Mi amiguita Libertad ________Image
Dani Álvarez

Post by Dani Álvarez »

¡Suerte Luis en el estreno!

Has hecho un trabajo muy humano y muy interesante, la verdad. Seguro que te ganas al público totalmente, estoy convencido.
Yo fui de los que tuvo que ver tu documental en un pase extra en el Festival de Cine de Xixón. Y allí, en la propia tierra de esos entrañables güelis, tiene que ser un acontecimiento muy emotivo.

Lo dicho, suerte, ¡y cuentános a la vuelta!
Dende l´otru llau de la mar.
Xose

Post by Xose »

So who all is coming to Chas for the movie? I'll be there and I've invited a bunch of friends. I can't wait!

Xose
Ron Gonzalez

Post by Ron Gonzalez »

Xose
It will be good to see you again
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

Ron thinks we'll have about 23 people there from the forum!
We're planning a gathering here:
http://www.asturianus.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1836

--------------------

¡Ron cree que alrededor de 23 personas van a asistir del foro!
Estamos planeando una reunión aquí: http://www.asturianus.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1836

Return to “Time Media Arts - Artes de medios temporales”