Entrugues frecuentesEntrugues frecuentes          BuscarBuscar          MiembrosMiembros          Grupos d'UsuariosGrupos d'Usuarios    RexistraseRexistrase 
 PerfilPerfil          Entre pa ver los sus mensaxes privaosEntre pa ver los sus mensaxes privaos          ConectaseConectase          
Bread, wheat varieties and other grains

Publicar nueu tema   Responder al tema    Índiz del foro de la migración astur-americana -> Breads - Panes
Ver tema anterior :: Ver tema siguiente  
Autor Mensaxe
Bob

Rexistrau: 24 Feb 2003
Mensaxes: 1743
Llugar: Connecticut and Massachusetts

MensaxePublicao: Dom May 13, 2007 6:23 am    Asuntu: Bread, wheat varieties and other grains Responder citando

Members who are interested in bread-making in Asturias, and in the various forms of wheat and other grains that have traditionally been used, may wish to explore the thread that begins at http://www.asturianus.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1412&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

I intend to order some spelt flour and explore its properties in bread-making this summer. The link to order varietal flours (both whole grain and white spelt flour, as well as flours made from other grains) in the EEUU is http://www.kingarthurflour.com/shop/detail.jsp?select=C79&byCategory=C127&id=3453 for whole grain flour and http://www.kingarthurflour.com/shop/detail.jsp?select=C79&byCategory=C127&id=3452 for white flour. I have done business with this company, and find it both reputable and helpful.

Ultima edición por Bob el Llu May 14, 2007 9:13 am, editau 2 vegaes
Tornar arriba  
Art
Site Admin

Rexistrau: 17 Feb 2003
Mensaxes: 4498
Llugar: Maryland

MensaxePublicao: Dom May 13, 2007 1:19 pm    Asuntu: Responder citando

I'll look forward to hearing about your experiments! I think spelt flour is available in some of the better grocery stores.

------------------------

¡Tengo ganas de leer de tus investigaciones! Creo que la harina de spelt estά disponible en los supermercados mejores.
Tornar arriba  
Eli

Rexistrau: 30 Mar 2005
Mensaxes: 308
Llugar: Luray, VA. US

MensaxePublicao: Llu May 14, 2007 9:02 am    Asuntu: Responder citando

The second link doesn't work but think you meant this one

-------

Shop > Organic White Spelt Flour
Organic White Spelt Flour Organic White Spelt Flour
White spelt, whole spelt with the bran and germ removed, is a flour milled from an ancient form of Mediterranean wheat.

• 1 pound package
$3.95
-------

the site looks pretty good. If you come up with something good and post it I'm likely to follow on your footsteps.
Tornar arriba  
Bob

Rexistrau: 24 Feb 2003
Mensaxes: 1743
Llugar: Connecticut and Massachusetts

MensaxePublicao: Llu May 14, 2007 9:14 am    Asuntu: Responder citando

Thanks, Eli. I have fixed the links in the above post so they work OK now.

Now that our academic year is over, I have time to play. I just ordered the white spelt flour, and wil let everyone know how the bread turns out as soon as I have had a chance to bake some.

Bob
Tornar arriba  
Mostrar mensaxes de anteriores:   
Publicar nueu tema   Responder al tema    Índiz del foro de la migración astur-americana -> Breads - Panes Toles hores son GMT - 4 Hores
Páxina 1 de 1

Dir a:  
Pue publicar nueos temes n'esti foru
Nun pue responder a temes n'esti foru
Nun pue editar los sus mensaxes n'esti foru
Nun pue esborriar los sus mensaxes n'esti foru
Nun pue votar en encuestes n'esti foru

Site design & hosting by

Zoller Wagner Digital Design