FAQFAQ          SearchSearch          MemberlistMemberlist          UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile          Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages          Log inLog in          
Any interest in photos of Tampa?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Asturian-American Migration Forum Index -> Suggest? Submission? - Sugerencia? propuesta?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TampaMendez

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:43 am    Post subject: Any interest in photos of Tampa? Reply with quote

Hello! I just found this website and am so impressed! I'm wondering if anyone has any interest in adding pictures of Tampa's Centro Asturiano, West Tampa and Ybor City areas to the "photo album" section of the website. Please forgive me if they are already there or if someone has already asked this question. I'm pretty new to discovering and learning about my family's roots in Asturias and hope that I can help some others do the same. One of my hobbies is taking photographs of Tampa's historical places and then researching them at the main library, so if anyone would like anything photographed or researched, I'm here to help!

Kristin
Art
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, Kristin,

Sure! We'd be happy to display some photos of the key Asturian sites in those places. Select the best and send them to me at the email at the bottom of every forum page.

-------------

Bienvenida, Kristin,

¡Claro! Nos alegraría exponer algunas fotos de las sitios más importantes en estos lugares. Escoje las mejores y envialas a emilio al fundo de cada página del foro.
TampaMendez

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 1:18 pm    Post subject: Finally sending Tampa photos Reply with quote

I am so embarresed to say that I am just now emailing you the photos of Tampa. I was telling a friend who also has family from Asturias about your website when I remembered that I never sent my photos! Hope they will be enjoyed by others.
Thank you!

Krissy
Bob

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Krissy. I am sure that Art will post them soon.

I remember from my visit to Tampa in 2006 how many Asturian connections there were- Centro Asturiano, cemeteries, etc., and a wonderful tour narrated by E. J. Salcines. I look forward to seeing your photos.

Bob

Last edited by Bob on Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
TampaMendez

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Bob! I just sent them to the email address at the bottom of the forum page.

Take care,
Krissy
Bob

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just took a look at them, and they are wonderful photos indeed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Asturian-American Migration Forum Index -> Suggest? Submission? - Sugerencia? propuesta? All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: