Looking relatives of Arturo Garcia, 9/14/1869 Oviedo

Researching our ancestors in Asturias & America.<br>
Investigando nuestros antepasados en Asturias y America

Moderators: svgev, Maria Garcia Alvarez, Moderators

Richard Drew

Looking relatives of Arturo Garcia, 9/14/1869 Oviedo

Post by Richard Drew »

Arturo was from Oviedo or environs, and immigrated to America where he went first to Iowa, then Pennsyvania, and finally New York (193 Garfield Place, Brooklyn) he was my wife's Great Grandfather. My Father in Law was Arturo's Grandson and he would like very much to meet some of his relatives. We are all going to be in Asturias the 23-30th of July this year, expressly to try to find some of our relatives, we will be staying in Llanes. Only recently did we obtain a copy of his passport with DOB. It states that he returned to visit Espagna in July of 1928.
My Father in Law says Arturo was one of 5 brothers, one, Manuel went to the U.S. He had a son Manny who went back to Oviedo around the late 1970's perhaps 1980. He found relatives, and instead of vacationing and coming back to the U.S. he stayed on in Oviedo. He lost touch and no one heard any further word from him. My Father in Law (Rod) says another of the brothers went to Cuba, and 3 of the brothers stayed in Oviedo to work the family farm. He also believes that Arturo's Mother was either a Menedez, or a Suarez, but is sure that they are related to both in some way. Arturos passport gives his contacts name as Jose Gonzales, but we are not sure if that was a U.S. or Spanish contact person. We are all very excited at finding this website, and hope some one may know something which will help us make contact. It would mean a great deal to Rod, and all of his 6 children and all their children who will all be in Llanes for this trip. I suspect that Garcia's in Spain are like Smith's in America, the phone books are filled with them. I would be grateful for any help, we will only have a week, and it would be nice to go with the knowledge that we will have at least a few leads.
I will be in Portugal with my family July 16th-23rd. I will moniter my home e-mail and this site daily in the hope that someone will have helpful information. Thank you for such a great website, I only reached it by chance after hours of searching for information on the area.
Hello to the people of Asturius, I am trying to find relatives of Arturo Garcia, born in Oviedo or in immediate area September 14, 1869. He migrated to America as a young man. He returned to visit in July of 1928, his passport contact was Jose Gonzales
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

Hi, Richard,

I wonder if our member "Manny" might be the son of Manual?
http://www.asturianus.org/forum/search. ... thor=Manny

Sorry I didn't get back to you before this. I was in Asturias, too. Let us know how your trip went.

------------

Hola, Richard,

Quizás nuestro socio "Manny" sea el hijo de Manual?
http://www.asturianus.org/forum/search. ... thor=Manny

Lo siento que no pude responder antes. Yo estaba en Asturias, tambien. Dinos cómo fue tu visita.
Last edited by Art on Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

Return to “Genealogy - Genealogía”