Visiting Oviedo--Need a ride to 2 towns

If you can't figure out where else to post, say it here.<br>
Si no sabes dónde poner tu tema, pongalo aquí.

Moderator: Moderators

Eleonore

Visiting Oviedo--Need a ride to 2 towns

Post by Eleonore »

Hello, this message is to all list members who live in Oviedo. As I mentioned in an earlier post, my husband and I will be in Oviedo from 9/23-9/27, leaving 9/28. We are looking for some one who would be willing to drive us to two different towns/villages, for compensation of course. Please contact me off list using the email button below. Thank you, Eleonore

-------------
trans. Art

Hola, escribo este mensaje a todos los miembros del foro que viven en Oviedo. Como mencioné en un poste más temprano, mi marido y yo estaremos en Oviedo de desde 23/9 hasta 27/9; salimos 28/9. Buscamos a alguien que estaría dispuesto a conducirnos a dos ciudades/pueblos diferentes, para la compensación desde luego. Por favor póngase en contacto conmigo usando el botón de email abajo. Gracias, Eleonore
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

Hi, Eleonore,

Although some of our forum members may be willing to help, you may want to consider renting a car. That would give you more flexibility and the ability to go back multiple times if you find family members.

--------------

Hola, Eleonore,

Aunque es posible que algunos socios del foro puedan ayudaros, quizás querriáis alquilar un coche. Lo os daría más flexibilidad y la capacidad de volver múltiples veces si encuentráis a su familia.
Last edited by Art on Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Terechu

Post by Terechu »

Hi Eleonore,
As Art says, renting a car is the best option, but if you don't feel like driving, you can always catch a bus or train to the nearest large town and take a taxi cab from there.

If you let us know what villages you want to visit, I will be happy to look up bus and train schedules for you. At any rate, your hotel receptionist can provide that information or refer you to the nearest tourist office in Oviedo, where you can get maps and brochures in English for free.

Cheers
Terechu
Bob

Post by Bob »

Renting a car is indeed the best option, allowing you to set your own schedule. As you might expect, you can pick up and drop off your rental car at the Asturias airport in Ranón, a few minutes drive from Avilés.

The cost of renting and parking, even in the cities, is not exhorbitant, and the highways are well marked with signs that are easily intelligible even to those who do not read Spanish. Good maps are readily available from the Spanish tourist offices.
Eleonore

Post by Eleonore »

Hi, the two towns I want to visit are both Santovena(~ over last 'n') one is in Llanes and the other one in Amieva(I think that is the right name). I have checked into renting a car and at almost $500.00(Because I need an automatic transmission!) for less than 4 days, we decided it would be cheaper to hire a driver. I'll see what we can work out when we get to Oviedo;thanks and take care, Eleonore
Luiña

Visita a Oviedo de Eleanore

Post by Luiña »

Eleanore:

Yo estaré en Oviedo cuando lleguen y me ofrezco a llevarles a Santoveña. Espero tener algún dato más para el 23 de septiembre; por lo menos lo intentaré.

Enviaré un e-mail directamente a su correo.
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

Luina's offer is quite kind and meeting someonelike her would be fun, too.

$500? We rented one much cheaper 2 years ago. I don't remember whether it was automatic, but I can't imagine that there wouldn't be a cheaper rental. It may be cheaper to rent in Madrid and drive north but I'm not sure about that. I remember there were some SmartCars for rent very cheaply, but they may not be automatics. The US car rental companies had cars at Barajas (the Madrid airport). If anyone has automatics they would.

Hope you have a great time!

-----------

La oferta de Luina es bastante amable y encuentrase con alguien como ella sería fantástico, también.

¿500 dólares? Alquilamos un coche hace un 2 años y era mucho más barato. No recuerdo si era automático, pero no puedo imaginarme que no habría coches de alquiler más baratos. Puede ser más barato alquilar en Madrid y pasar al norte pero no estoy seguro. Recuerdo que había algunos SmartCars de alquiler muy baratos, pero es posible que no son automáticos. Las empresas de alquiler de coches de los EU tenían coches en Barajas (el aeropuerto de Madrid). Si alguien tiene automatics, ellos sí.

¡Espero que os divirtáis!

Return to “General Discussion - Discusión general”