Entrugues frecuentesEntrugues frecuentes          BuscarBuscar          MiembrosMiembros          Grupos d'UsuariosGrupos d'Usuarios    RexistraseRexistrase 
 PerfilPerfil          Entre pa ver los sus mensaxes privaosEntre pa ver los sus mensaxes privaos          ConectaseConectase          
We Were Spaniards In North Central West Virginia--Tomatoes

Publicar nueu tema   Responder al tema    Índiz del foro de la migración astur-americana -> Work & Industry - Trabajo e industria
Ver tema anterior :: Ver tema siguiente  
Autor Mensaxe
Ron Gonzalez

Rexistrau: 25 Pay 2004
Mensaxes: 377

MensaxePublicao: Dom Set 04, 2005 9:36 pm    Asuntu: We Were Spaniards In North Central West Virginia--Tomatoes Responder citando

Spelter was a wonderful town. Most of the homes were neat, and most had their backyards plowed up, with neat rows of vegetables. To hear the Spanish men tell their secrets to growing the first tomato, I think it was more who could tell the bigger whopper, rather than who got the first tomato. Case in point, my uncle (Caesar Vasquez) lived in Clarksburg and had a garden. He told a Spanish friend who lived in Spelter "I will have ripe tomatoes before you do." "That's a bet," the friend replied. The first part of June my uncle visited a local market to find some ripe tomatoes for his garden. After securing three tomatoes, he tied them with care to the tomato plants. He went to Spelter to tell his friend "I have three ripe tomatoes." "I do not believe you. I want to see them." So they went to Clarksburg to see three tomatoes. When they arrived my uncle drove slowly past the three tomatoes not stopping, just passing by. "See I do have ripe tomatoes." His friend said, "Yes, you do." The wager was one dollar, so my uncle told his friend, "Take that dollar and get a good fertilizer." A very true story.
Tornar arriba  
Art
Site Admin

Rexistrau: 17 Feb 2003
Mensaxes: 4494
Llugar: Maryland

MensaxePublicao: Dom Set 04, 2005 11:34 pm    Asuntu: Responder citando

Man, Ron, your uncle was something else! You must have gotten some of your sense of humor from him.

-------------------

¡Vaya, Ron, tu tio era otra cosa [un caso o un tipo]! Debiste de haber recibido algo de tu sentido del humor de él.
Tornar arriba  
Mostrar mensaxes de anteriores:   
Publicar nueu tema   Responder al tema    Índiz del foro de la migración astur-americana -> Work & Industry - Trabajo e industria Toles hores son GMT - 4 Hores
Páxina 1 de 1

Dir a:  
Pue publicar nueos temes n'esti foru
Nun pue responder a temes n'esti foru
Nun pue editar los sus mensaxes n'esti foru
Nun pue esborriar los sus mensaxes n'esti foru
Nun pue votar en encuestes n'esti foru

Site design & hosting by

Zoller Wagner Digital Design