Jose Manuel Artimez y Vega from Aviles, Asturias

Retelling the stories of the Asturian-American migration.<br>
Recontando las historias de la emigración astur-americana.

Moderators: Maria Garcia Alvarez, Moderators

pepe buylla

Jose Manuel Artimez y Vega from Aviles, Asturias

Post by pepe buylla »

My Mother's father's name in Spain was Jose Manuel Artimez y Vega.
He died in 1985, he was in his mid 80's. He lived in McKeesport, Pa. which is near Donora, Pa.
He came to the U.S. I think , in the 1920's.
He had a number of brothers and sisters in Aviles, though the only two that I can remember him mentioning were a brother named Arturo, who was a general manager of an asphalt plant, and a sister named Adela.
Both I think, and please excuse me if I am wrong, are deceased.
There was a nephew that was blind whose name I do not know.
There was a niece that my Mother, Clementina Buylla used to correspond with. My Mother passed away 3 years ago.
Is there anyone in this forum from Aviles that knows the family?
I would like to hear from you, though I am not fluent in Spanish.
Thank you.
-----------------------------------------
Trad. Terechu

El padre de mi madre en España se llamaba José Manuel Artimez Vega. Murió en 1985, a los 80 y pico años. Vivía en McKeesport, Pensilvania, que está cerca de Donora, PA.
Se vino a los EE.UU. en los años 20, creo.

TEnía varios hermanos en Avilés, aunque sólo recuerdo oirle nombrar a su hermano Arturo, que era el encargado de una fábrica de asfalto, y a una hermana que se llamaba Adela. Ambos han fallecido, creo, por favor corregidme si me equivoco. Había un sobrino ciego, cuyo nombre no sé. Había una sobrina con la que mi madre, Clementina Buylla, se escribía. Mi madre falleció hace 3 años.

Hay alguien de Avilés en este foro que conozco a la familia? Me gustaría tener noticias suyas, aunque no hablo muy bien español.
Gracias.

Return to “Immigrant Stories - Historias inmigrantes”