Geography Tool - Google Earth

If you can't figure out where else to post, say it here.<br>
Si no sabes dónde poner tu tema, pongalo aquí.

Moderator: Moderators

Suronda
Co-Founder

Geography Tool - Google Earth

Post by Suronda »

I learned about Google Earth (a free download from Google) at a conference I attended recently. See: http://earth.google.com The satellite imagery is amazing, and I was able to "fly" (the software takes me from place to place around the globe) from my own back yard in NY (I coudn't believe that I could actually see my yard!) to Asturias in about 3 seconds. While the satellite imagery isn't always so plentiful for smaller cities, and for places outside the U.S., it provides a great tool for learning more about geography. I was amazed by the way the software enabled me to learn about Asturian geography as I "flew" from town to town. I had a new understanding about one town's geographic relationship to another that I simply hadn't gained from a map.

There's even a way to devise your own tour. Perhaps we can put together a map of where the membership of Asturianus.org is located if someone gets really proficient!
Terechu

Post by Terechu »

Gracias, Suronda. Está genial. Yo ya lo conocía por Corsino, pero ahora lo he bajado y estoy encantada de poder ver donde viven todos mis amigos y parientes. Se ve muy bien el valle del Nalón y la zona de Avilés.

Thanks, Suronda. Great stuff. I already knew it from Corsino, but now I have downloaded it and I'm just thrilled to see where all my friends and relatives live. The Nalón valley and the Avilés area have very sharp images.

Return to “General Discussion - Discusión general”