Necesito receta de casadielles / Need a "casadielles&qu

Flan, rice pudding, sweets, fruit, etc.<br>
Flan, arroz con leche, dulces, frutas, etc.

Moderators: almudena, Moderators

Terechu

Necesito receta de casadielles / Need a "casadielles&qu

Post by Terechu »

Necesito una buena receta de casadielles auténtiques (de les frites) Esti añu nun vamos a pasar les Navidaes en Asturias, pero nun pienso renunciar a les casadielles. Como quiera que en casa siempre les fai mi madre pa to's, yo no sé haceles, y mi ma diz que nun sabe dame la receta, porque ella siempre les fai "a bultu".
Así que si alguien sabe o puede preguntai a alguien que sepa, servidora os quedaría muy agradecía.
Saludos
Terechu

--------------------------------------------------

I need a good recipe for authentic "Casadielles" (the fried ones). This year we're not going to spend Christmas in Asturias, but I have no intention of doing without casadielles. As it is always my mother who makes them for all of us, I don't know how to make them, and she says she can't give me a recipe, because she always makes them from scratch.
So if any of you know how or can ask somebody who knows, yours truly would be much obliged.
Cheers
Terechu
Bob

Casadielles

Post by Bob »

Casadielles

Para el hojaldre:
500 g de harina
250 cm3 de agua
20 g de sal
2 huevos
300 g de mantequilla

Para el relleno:
200 g de nuez
200 g de avellana
300 g de azúcar
anís al gusto

Se mezcla la harina, la sal, el agua, los huevos y 100 gramos de mantequilla, y se confecciona una primera masa muy fina.

Esta masa se estira con el rollo y se cubre con los otros 200 gramos de mantequilla. Se pliega como de costumbre y se elabora el hojaldre. Por último, se deja enfriar en la nevera.

Se forma depués un relleno con las nueces, las avellanas muy molidas y el azúcar. Se mezcla todo bien con las manos y se humedece poca a poco con el anís hasta obtener una masa compacta y ligera.

Sobre una superficie de mármol previamente enharinada, se estira el hojaldre y se corta en tiras de 13 cm de largo por 10 cm de ancho.

Sobre cada tira se dispone una cucharada sopera del relleno y se cierran luego los extremos, previamente humedecidos con agua or con yema de huevo, presionándolos suavemente con un tenedor.

Se fríen en abundante aceite muy caliente y, poco después de retirarlos, se pasan por azúcar.

Casadielles

For the puff pastry:
500 g flour
250 cm3 water
20 g salt
2 eggs
300 g butter

For the filling:
200 g walnuts
200 g hazelnuts
300 g sugar
anisette to taste

Mix the flour with the salt, water, eggs and 100 grams of the butter, and make a very fine first dough.

Roll out with a rolling pin and cover with the remaining 200 grams of butter, evenly distributed. Fold and roll out a few times to make a puff pastry. Chill in the refrigerator.

Form a filling with the finely grounds walnuts and hazelnuts and the sugar. Mix it well with your hands and, little by little, dampen the mixture with the anisette until it is light and compact.

On a marble surface, stretch or roll the puff pastry, and cut it into pieces about 13 cm by 10 cm.

On each piece, place a spoonful of the filling and close the sides, previously moistened water or egg yolk. Press the edges gently with a fork.

Fry the casadielles in very hot oil and, after removing them from the oil, dredge them with sugar.
Last edited by Bob on Mon Nov 24, 2003 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bob

Casadielles for those familiar with English measurements

Post by Bob »

Casadielles

For the puff pastry:
1.1 pounds flour
8.6 liquid ounces water
1/2 ounce salt (personally, I think this is quite a bit of salt)
2 eggs
10.6 ounces (2 2/3 sticks) butter (somewhat soft)

For the filling:
1/2 pound walnuts
1/2 pounds hazelnuts
10.6 ounces sugar
anisette to taste (try to find a nonsweet version, not the typical America sweet anisette)

Mix the flour with the salt, water, eggs and one third of the butter, and make a very fine first dough.

Roll out with a rolling pin and cover with the remaining two thirds of butter, evenly distributed (but not all the way to the edges). Fold and roll out a few times to make a puff pastry. Chill in the refrigerator until it is very cold. You may have to chill the dough in between rolling it out eqach time.

Form a filling with the finely grounds walnuts and hazelnuts and the sugar. Mix it well with your hands and, little by little, dampen the mixture with the anisette until it is light but compact.

On a marble (or other cool) surface, stretch or roll the puff pastry, and cut it into pieces about 13 cm by 10 cm.

You can also buy and use commercially prepared puff pastry.

On each piece, place a tablespoonful of the filling and close the sides, previously moistened water or egg yolk. Press the edges gently with a fork.

Fry the casadielles in very hot oil until nicely brownedand, after removing them from the oil, dredge them with sugar.
Last edited by Bob on Tue Mar 30, 2004 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Terechu

Post by Terechu »

Thanks Bob! This recipe sounds right. I know more or less how casadielles are made, but I never made them myself and I sure don't know the proportions of the ingredients.
I'll have a go at them this weekend, to make sure I don't blunder with the Christmas batch.
Hugs
Terechu

-----------------------------------

Gracias Bob! Esta receta parece buena. Sé más o menos como se hacen les casadielles, pero nunca las hice yo misma y desdeluego no sé las proporciones de los ingredientes.
Voy a intentar hacerlas este fin de semana para no meter la pata con las de Navidad.
Abrazos
Terechu
Bob

Casadielles - otra receta

Post by Bob »

Casadielles - Otra Receta

1 pocillo de vino blanco
½ pocillo de mantequilla
1 yema
harina
½ cucharadita de Royal
aceite (para freírlas)
azúcar (para espolvorear)
sal

Para el relleno:
1 taza de nuez molida
½ taza de azúcar o miel
un poco de anís
un poco de leche (si se hace con azúcar)

En una fuenta se mezcla la mantequilla derretida, el vino blanco, un cucharada de sal y el Royal. Se bate con un tenedor hasta dejarlo como un crema.

A continuación, se echa la yema y se mezcla. Se va agregando poco a poco la harina, hasta conseguir una masa que no se pegue a los manos.

Conseguida la masa, se forma un bola, se coloca sobre la meseta espolvoreada de harina, se extiende con el rollo y se le dan unas vueltas.

En un recipiente aparte, se mezcla la nuez, el anís, la miel (or el azúcar con leche) y se trabaja un poco hasta que quede compacta.

Se van cortando trozos pequeños dela masa y se extiende con el rollo enharinado, dejando la masa fina. Entonces se coloca sobre ella el relleno, se enrolla dándole una vuelta. Se corte con n cuchillo y con las puntas de un tenedor se pegan los extremos, para que no se salga el relleno.

Cuando estan todas preparadas, se van friendo en abundante aceite caliente. Deben quedar muy doradas. Después se escurren bien, se coloca en una bandeja, y se espolvorean de azúcar glass.

Casadielles - Another Recipe (Casa Fermin)

½ cup white wine
1/4 cup butter
1 egg yolk
flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
oil (for frying)
sugar (to sprinkle on the casadielles)
salt

For the filling:
1 cup ground walnuts
½ cup sugar or honey
a little anisette
a little milk (if you make the filling with sugar)

In a bowl, mix the melted butter, the white wine, a teaspoon of salt and the baking powder. Mix it with a fork until creamy.

Then mix in the egg yolk. Add the flour little by little until you have a dough that does not stick to your hands.

From the dough into a ball, and place it on a table top dusted with flour. Roll out with a rolling pin, turning it from time to time.

In a separate cointainer, mix the walnuts, the anisette, the honey (or suagr and milk) and until it forms a dense mixture.

Cut off small pieces of the dough and roll out thin with a floured rolling pin. Then place some of the stuffing on the dough and roll it up giving it a turn. Cut with a knife, and with the tines of a fork press the ends closed so that the filling does not fall out.

When the casadielles have all been prepared, fry them in a good amount of hot oil. Brown them well. After draining them well, place them on a tray and sprinkle them with sugar.
Last edited by Bob on Fri Nov 28, 2003 3:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Terechu

Post by Terechu »

Thanks again, Bob. Casa Fermín is a very "chic" restaurant and this recipe sounds great, too. You can tell it's more sophisticated when you read how they make the dough :wink:
I think I'll try this one too.
Hugs
Terechu

------------------------------
Gracias de nuevo, Bob. Casa Fermín es un restaurante muy "chic" y esta recete también suena muy bien. Se ve que es más sofisticada cuando lees como hacen la masa :wink:
Creo que probaré esta también.
Abrazos
Terechu
jomaguca

Re: Necesito receta de casadielles / Need a "casadielle

Post by jomaguca »

Yo voy hacer una pregunta a Terechu,les casadielles y les bollines no ye lo mismo? :roll: mi abuela tambien las hacia a bulto y por cierto siempre le salian para chupar los dedos,la receta que yo puse de bollinas-es, se la dio mi tia a mi madre :lol: saludos Tambien tengo una de bollos preñaos. :wink:
Bob

Casadielles y bollinas

Post by Bob »

The fillings are quite similar, but casadielles, whethuer fried or baked, have a puff pastry dough (with more butter added if baked) while bollinas have a raised dough. At least that's what I gather from comparing my grandmother's recipe for bollinas with several cookbook recipes for casadielles.

I would be interested in hearing from our Asturian friends whether or not this is actually the case.

Bob Martinez
Terechu

Post by Terechu »

Hola Bob y jomaguca,

Parece que les bollines son similares a les casadielles, pero no exactamente iguales. De las recetas que no dió Bob, yo haría el engrudo de la primera receta (nueces y avellanas) y la masa frita de la segunda.
Yo os avisaré con lo que salga.

--------------------------------------

It seems that the bollines are similar to the casadielles, but not exactly the same. Of the recipes Bob gave us, I would use the filling of the first recipe (walnuts and hazelnuts) and the fried dough of the second.
I'll let you know how it comes out.

Abrazos
Terechu
Terechu

Post by Terechu »

Hi all,
I went and did it! I just took the last casadielles out of the frying pan. I used the second recipe, that from "Casa Fermín" (the one that starts with: 1 pocillo de vino blanco...) and I must say they came out great.

The only change I made was to use 1/2 cup of hazelnuts and 1/2 cup of walnuts instead of a cup of walnuts only, everything else I did by the book. I got 15 units, but I'm sure someone with better rolling pin skills will get at least one and a half dozen.
By the way, "pocillo" is what we call a small coffee cup (mocha cup).

--------------------------------
Hola a todos,
Pues me puse y las hice. Acabo de sacar les últimes casadielles de la sartén. Utilicé la segunda recete, la de "Casa Fermín" (la que empieza: 1 pocillo de vino blanco...) y debo decir que me salieron de muerte.

El único cambio que hice fue echar 1/2 taza de avellanas y 1/2 de nueces, en vez de usar sólo nueces, todo lo demás lo hice por el manual. Saqué 15 unidades, aunque seguramente que los que tengan más maña con el rodillo de cocina sacarán al menos docena y media.

Saludos
Terechu
Bob

Post by Bob »

Terechu,

I'm happy that the casadielles recipes I gave you had good results. I have been wanting to post a translation of the Casa Fermin recipe for our American members, but I have to cofess ignorance concerning Royal, which I assume is a liqueur of some sort. Can you suggest a good translation or substitute ingredient that may be available in the EEUU? Also, can you provide an approximate volume for a pocillo in cm3 that I could change to English measure? Thanks.

Bob
Last edited by Bob on Tue Mar 30, 2004 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Terechu

Post by Terechu »

Hi Bob,

The "pocillo" I have holds slightly less than 1/2 cup, so since cooking is not a high precision science I believe it would be safe to say 1/2 cup.

Royal is a brandname for baking powder. In fact it is THE brandname, because here nobody knows what baking powder is unless you call it Royal :).

If you have any trouble with the translation, I'll be glad to lend a hand, just let me know.

Terechu
Hank Freid

Spanish recipe Casadielles

Post by Hank Freid »

Well, I agree with Terechu, So try this recipe

Spanish recipe Casadielles

These lovely turnovers of puff pastry stuffed with buttery anis-flavoured walnuts, are a speciality of the northern region of Asturias, and are particularly popular at Christmas time Ingredients Makes 16.
  • 100g shelled walnuts
  • 55g sugar
  • 40ml sweet anis liqueur
  • 30g melted butter
  • 550g frozen puff pastry, defrosted
  • 1 egg white
  • Icing sugar
Preparation

Grind the walnuts to a powder and mix in with the sugar, anis liqueur and melted butter. Roll the pastry out into a rectangle, approximately 3mm thick. Cut into 16 rectangles measuring 11cm x 6cm. Place a ball of the walnut stuffing at one end of each rectangle. Brush the edges with egg white, fold over the pastry and seal with the prongs of a fork.
the developer hank freid redefines the chic hotel experience
Bob

Post by Bob »

Hank, once your recipe has been followed, how do you cook them?
yael

casadielles de sarten

Post by yael »

CASADIELLES DE SARTÉN

MASA:
1 kg de harina
1 sobre de levadurina
1 vaso pequeño de aceite de girasol
1 vaso pequeño de vino blanco
1 pizca de sal

Mezclar en un recipiente y posteriormente amasar (cuanto más se amase más hojaldrada quedará).

DEJAR REPOSAR 1 A 2 HORAS (más no que fermenta demasiado)

RELLENO:
1 kg de nueces
½ vaso pequeño de azúcar
½ vaso pequeño de anís (puede ser dulce o corriente según gustos)

Cascar las nueces y moler. Mezclar la nuez molida con el azúcar y el anís.

DAR FORMA:
Extender la masa con el rodillo (tiene que quedar fina) y hacer las “empanadillas”. Es muy importante cerrar bien los bordes presionando con un tenedor (si esta la masa muy hojaldrada o demasiado fermentada es fácil que al echarlas a freír se abran).

FREÍR:
Freír en aceite de girasol abundante hasta que estén doradas, dar la vuelta un par de veces, pasar a un plato y de aquí a otro hondo con azúcar donde las “rebozamos” (si gusta).
Dejar enfriar y presentar.

Return to “Desserts - Postres”