White Star Line

Researching our ancestors in Asturias & America.<br>
Investigando nuestros antepasados en Asturias y America

Moderators: svgev, Maria Garcia Alvarez, Moderators

Bob

White Star Line

Post by Bob »

This article describes an attempt to preserve what may be last ship of the White Star Line, of Titanic fame. My grandparents came to the EEUU on the Adriatic, one of the ships of this company, in November of 1913, not too long after the Titanic disaster. Their oldest child, only a few weeks old, was with them.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4651166.stm
Terechu

Post by Terechu »

Well done, Ireland. I consider the money well spent, not only for the historic value of the ship itself, but for the sentimental value it has for thousands of people. For many people the ships that took them across the Ocean to start new lives away from home are a very important part of their momories, much like a temporary home. I'm sure your parents would love to go on board the Adriatic once more if it were still docked somewhere. I'm sure Corsino and the other "niños de la guerra" would love to visit the "Serpa Pinto" if it were somewhere to be found.
---------------------------------------------------
Bien hecho, Irlanda. Considero que es un dinero bien gastado, no sólo por el valor histórico del propio barco, sino por el valor sentimental que tiene para miles de personas. Para mucha gente el barco que los llevó al otro lado del oceano para empezar una nueva vida lejos de los suyos es una parte importante de sus recuerdos, como si fuera un hogar temporal. Estoy segura de que a tus padres les encantaría volver a subir a bordo del "Adriatic" si estuviera atracado en alguna parte. Estoy segura también de que a Corsino y sus compañeros "niños de la guerra" también les gustaría mucho visitar el Serpa Pinto, si existiera aún.

Return to “Genealogy - Genealogía”