Manuel Pérez Fernández, natural de Cardo (Asturias)

Researching our ancestors in Asturias & America.<br>
Investigando nuestros antepasados en Asturias y America

Moderators: svgev, Maria Garcia Alvarez, Moderators

Pedro

Manuel Pérez Fernández, natural de Cardo (Asturias)

Post by Pedro »

Manuel Pérez Fernández, natural de Cardo (Asturias), nació en 1872 y se casó con Agustina Artime Granda, de Santolaya (Gozón). Es mi bisabuelo, por parte de mi madre. Era hijo de José Pérez (nacido en 1830), natural de El Piedeloro o El Pieloro (Carreño) y de Manuela Fernández García-Corugedo (n. 1832), natural de Cardo. Tuvo varios hijos, pero se fue a Cuba y jamás regresó. Nadie sabe que fue de él, salvo que dicen que estaba, al parecer, trabajando en una mina de hierro. Quizás pudo haber pasado a los Estados Unidos, como tantos. No creo que sea posible llegar a saber nada de él, pero por si "suena la flauta"...

Un cordial saludo y gracias.

--------------------------
trans. Art

Manuel Pérez Fernández, a native of Cardo (Asturias), was born in 1872 and married Agustina Artime Granda, of Santolaya (Gozón). He is my great-grandfather, on my mother´s side. He was the son of Jose Pérez (born in 1830), a native of El Pieloro (Carreño) and of Manuela Fernández García-Corugedo (n. 1832), a native of Cardo. He had several children, but he went to Cuba and never returned. Nobody knows that became of him, except that it was said that he was, apparently, employed at an iron mine. Perhaps he may have gone on to the United States, as so many people did. I do not believe that it is possible to learn anything about him, but just in case I get lucky.... [literally: "in case the flute sounds...."]

Warm greetings and thanks.

Return to “Genealogy - Genealogía”