Patricia Urquiola - the hottest Italian designs are Asturian

Write about your favorite Asturian<br>
Escriba de un asturiano favorito

Moderator: Moderators

Terechu

Patricia Urquiola - the hottest Italian designs are Asturian

Post by Terechu »

Like me, most of you probably didn't even know that Patricia Urquiola was Asturian. Her name has been appearing uninterruptedly in most architecture and design magazines for the last few years. I fell in love with her "Fjord" chair the first time I saw it and have been keeping an eye on her incredibly elegant and simple designs ever since. She designs mostly for Italian companies and according to experts, she's just the hottest furniture designer of the last few years.
http://www.matisse.co.nz/designers.phtml?code=D_2005
----------------------------------------------------------------

Al igual que yo, seguro que la mayoría de vosotros ni siquiera sabíais que Patricia Urquiola era asturiana. Su nombre lleva apareciendo ininterrumpidamente en la mayoría de revistas de arquitectura y de diseño estos últimos años. Me enamoré de su butaca/silla ""Fjord" cuando la vi la primera vez y desde entonces he estado pendiente de sus diseños tan increiblemente elegantes y simples. Trabaja principalmente para fabricantes italianos y según los expertos es lo mejorcito en diseño de muebles de los últimos años.
Bob

Post by Bob »

Those are very cool chairs. I'm almost always impressed when architects design furniture. Their sense of space and function amazes me. Things that I never would have thought of suddenly seem so logical and intuitive.

Bob

Return to “Asturian Hall of Fame - Sala de fama asturiana”