Can I Claim Spanish Nationality?

Asturian cultural identity, Spanish nationality, & return to Asturias: legal, social, & personal aspects.<br>
Identidad cultural asturiana, nacionalidad española, y regreso a Asturias: cuestiones legales, sociales, y personales.

Moderator: Moderators

Bob

Post by Bob »

I applied for Spanish citizenship on January 5, 2011, and have heard nothing so far. I wrote to the NY consulate again last Monday.

By the way, if I remember correctly dual citizenship has been allowed, although not encouraged, by the US government ever since Israelis were allowed dual citizenship.
Bob

Spanish citizenship papers arrive at last

Post by Bob »

My Spanish citizenship papers finally arrived, dated September 12, 2012. I didn't pick them up until now because the were sent to My New Haven address, and I have been in my Rockport, MA, home since early September. Unlike other mail, it was not forwarded to be by the post office. I had originally applied on January 5, 2011, so the entire process took a little over a year and eight months.

My advice to others who have applied is to be patient. The Spanish consulates act slowly but, they do act. This assumes, of course, that you were given a case number acknowledging your application

Bob
Art
Site Admin

Post by Art »

Congrats, Bob!
------------------
¡Enhorabuena, Bob!
Maestro Tomberi

Post by Maestro Tomberi »

La burocracia española fiel a su estilo (LOL), pero lo importante es que tienes los papeles. ¡Enhorabuena, Bob!
Bob

Bureaucracies

Post by Bob »

La burocracia española fiel a su estilo? Just like American bureaucrats, mi amigo.

Return to “Identity, Nation, Return - Identidad, país, vuelta”