FAQFAQ          SearchSearch          MemberlistMemberlist          UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile          Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages          Log inLog in          
Asturies Radio.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Asturian-American Migration Forum Index -> About Asturias - Sobre Asturies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peter

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 3:37 am    Post subject: Asturies Radio.com Reply with quote

Forgive me if this has been posted before. I just discovered Asturies Radio.com. Tap the lik below and you'll get access to 5 stations from Asturies. My favorite is the folk. Seems to be essentially all music, all the time.

http://radio.asturies.com
Xose

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool link! Thanks for that!

----------------

¡Qué guay! !Muchas gracias!
Peter

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

de nada
Eli

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty good link, the music there reminds me a lot of some of the ancient music from Iberia I’ve collected over the years. Hold it! It is ancient music! Ha ha I have at least one of those songs from Asturias in a CD ‘Adios a la mia vaca pinta’ lol I was like man alive! They are listening to the same stuff folks listened to 600 years ago... Smile
Bob

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love music with a history. What survives has obviously appealed to many people over many years. And the evolution of music and lyrics is itself a very interesting topic.

In the early 1960's (just after the dinosaurs died out) I was a member of a semi-professional folk group in western New York. We didn't make a lot of money, but we had a lot of fun. I like to think that some people in our audiences still remember some of the songs. We sang mostly music from the British Isles, American folk, satirical music, and a few songs in Spanish or French, including one from the guerra civil period.

By default (no one else was willing to do it) I did the introductions, which evolved into a bit of stand-up comedy. If it were not for this experience, I would never have even thought about becoming an academic and lecturing to university classes. I'm basically quiet and shy, but this experience taught me that I love to perform. In a very real way, being a member of a folk group led to my 34 plus years as a university professor. I'm still going strong.
Art
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is a great link! Thanks, Peter. This appears to be a service of asturies.com. Just so others will know what can be found there, here's a current listing of the channels available.
-------------
¡Qué enlace tan estupendo! Gracias a Peter. Parece ser un servicio de asturies.com. Para que otros saben lo que hay allí, aquí pongo una lista actual de los canales disponibles.

Radio Un: Música y cultura en llingua asturiana
Radio One: Music and culture in the Asturian language
rtsp://212.89.1.8/broadcast/asturiescomcanalhh.rm

Tonada asturiana
Traditional Asturian vocal singing
rtsp://212.89.1.8/broadcast/asturiescomcanaltonada.rm

Folk asturiano
Asturian folk
rtsp://212.89.1.8/broadcast/asturiescomcanalfolk.rm

Indie: Música independiente fecho n'Asturies
Indie: Independent music made in Asturias
rtsp://212.89.1.8/broadcast/asturiescomindependiente.rm

HH: La escena rap n'Asturies, discos y maketes
Hip Hop: The rap scene in Asturias, albums and demos
rtsp://212.89.1.8/broadcast/asturiescomradio.rm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Asturian-American Migration Forum Index -> About Asturias - Sobre Asturies All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: